• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AWESOME question: Any vintage pulp covers with heroes that look like Indiana Jones?
3 3

38 posts in this topic

I went through so many whip covers last night looking for an Indy analogue - it's wild that the hero never has a whip (outside of the westerns).  Almost always a tormentor of women or a woman tormentor.  The sweat mags have an awful lot of whip covers, and there's a good number of women with whips in sleazy paperbacks, too :roflmao:

On 6/25/2024 at 9:19 PM, pmpknface said:

FWIW Jim Steranko recounted his concept art meetings with George Lucas and Steven Spielberg during a book signing at HeroesCon last year.

A fun story from that meeting…My friend and I were waiting for our turn to meet with Steranko and was debating if he derived his version of Nick Fury from his own likeness. When we got our turn and was talking to Jim, I told my friend to ask him. Steranko looked at us and said “That’s the stupidest question I ever heard”. Then he proceeded to talk to us for the next 10 minutes about his paintings and concept work for “George”. A memorable encounter for sure.

Edited by ChrispyC66