• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Normal for a book to be sitting in this status for this long?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

This was submitted for the Wolverine 50th anniversary, copy of Marvel Superheroes 20 and the only sig I was getting was Roy Thomas. I got charged for it, and over the last 3 weeks I've been seeing people get their books back but mine hasn't changed this status since it got there. 

Screenshot_20240626-195501.png

Edited by lollyclown
Spelling

You can always call Customer Service and ask but they aren’t at the 8 weeks yet from the date of the signing which is what they advertise as the turnaround for their signing when you also get it pressed. So I’d not be too worried yet personally. 

Edited by wiparker824

@lollyclown I'd hold tight for another week or two, or reach out to customer service & check in (I've found texting them is the quickest)

I submitted a book for the initial Claremont/Austin signing - CGC has had the book since January, and it's still in 'Received at CCS' - literally no movement in over 6 months. 

I texted with support this week and they said that despite what the status says, the book was signed with the Wolverine signing on 5/8, and is in the process of being pressed (despite some of my other submissions being in 'CCS in Process') - so who knows - I think sometimes a book just gets put in a pile somewhere and is delayed for no real reason. 

Thanks for the advice, both of you. I know it can sometimes take a while but I've submitted other books in the past and usually by this point they've at least moved on. But I'll give it a little bit more time before worrying, and shoot them a text start of next week if nothing's changed. I just had a major hassle with some billing issues with a different upcoming signing (all resolved )and they probably don't want to hear from me right now 😆 

I'm guessing they probably prioritized all the Wolverine stuff. The video they have on the signature series Instagram basically shows that happening. Who knows maybe at the end of the day this will be one of the last books Roy gets and he'll be extremely happy to see something that's not Wolverine and he actually wrote and take extra care with the signature!

On 6/27/2024 at 9:49 AM, lollyclown said:

Thanks for the advice, both of you. I know it can sometimes take a while but I've submitted other books in the past and usually by this point they've at least moved on. But I'll give it a little bit more time before worrying, and shoot them a text start of next week if nothing's changed. I just had a major hassle with some billing issues with a different upcoming signing (all resolved )and they probably don't want to hear from me right now 😆 

I'm guessing they probably prioritized all the Wolverine stuff. The video they have on the signature series Instagram basically shows that happening. Who knows maybe at the end of the day this will be one of the last books Roy gets and he'll be extremely happy to see something that's not Wolverine and he actually wrote and take extra care with the signature!

FWIW I have 2 subs with pressing in this signing. The first one CGC had back in January… the second one they got in April. The second one also I had to update that CC as it was lost right after I sent it which delayed my processing a couple days.

Even so, the one that arrived in April with a lost CC on the sub is the one that’s in QC/Finalized while the one they’ve had since January is still in SFG. In terms of prioritizing Wolverine I had Wolverine limited Series books in both subs so I don’t know. My theory is it’s just a big pile of books in some blob on a warehouse floor and it’s just random within that blob. But if it goes past 8 weeks I’d certainly ask them in Customer Service.

On 6/27/2024 at 12:49 PM, lollyclown said:

I'm guessing they probably prioritized all the Wolverine stuff. 

Fwiw, I don't think this is true - my book was lumped in with the Wolverine stuff and clearly wasn't prioritized in any way - I've submitted books for grading & pressing since that I already have back

Posted (edited)

I decided to go ahead and text customer service and the reply is actually somewhat confusing the more I thought about it. Why would it be pending to go to pressing before being signed? And in particular the part about them taking a couple days and hopefully getting them done in one go. Considering that people have gotten them back, and there is a video of a bunch getting signed on their Instagram obviously books have been signed so the wording is a little odd. It's the sort of answer that's not really an answer at all. I'll give it a couple more weeks before inquiring further. 

I was being a bit facetious about them prioritizing The Wolverine books. It's based on that Instagram video where there was literally a cart load of Wolverine one from the miniseries being wheeled in haha

Screenshot_20240627-183807.png

Edited by lollyclown
Grammar

Yeah that doesn’t make sense… the signing took place on 5/8. CGC posted it all over their social media. This person sounds very confused. I’d call. 

Edit: May 11 they posted this stating they “wrapped” on the signing event, Thomas is included:

IMG_3106.thumb.jpeg.d516f8ae1d88388477ed0fdaddeef5be.jpeg

Edited by wiparker824

On 6/27/2024 at 8:13 PM, wiparker824 said:

Yeah that doesn’t make sense… the signing took place on 5/8. CGC posted it all over their social media. This person sounds very confused. I’d call. 

Edit: May 11 they posted this stating they “wrapped” on the signing event, Thomas is included:

IMG_3106.thumb.jpeg.d516f8ae1d88388477ed0fdaddeef5be.jpeg

Yeah I'm definitely going to give them a call back especially since that specifically says it is wrapped up. I have a few other things in maybe they looked up the wrong info. But I think it's best to speak to a live person at this point because of the signing wrapped up over a month ago I feel like there should be some progress with my book.

Got an update. They had been checking out the wrong book. I had another book in for the Michelinie signing, so that's where the confusion came in. Looks like the book I had signed by Thomas has just hit the pressing stage and will be moving on to grading but the system just hasn't updated it yet. Which is a relief because that last response made me fairly nervous.