• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: MYSTERY MEN #2 CGC 3.5, 1939! Foxy sci-fi awesomeness... Sold!
1 1

13 posts in this topic

One book and it's a doozy. In the US, secure USPS Priority ship/sig confirm is extra at cost. International boardies welcome; will ship via USPS method of your choice as long as you assume the risk once tracking is provided. First 'takeit' wins, whether in the thread or via PM. Payment: Zelle (preferred), check/MO. No PayPal, no returns on this one.  

Edited by Point Five

On 6/28/2024 at 11:09 PM, Point Five said:

No one knows! And anyway, it sucked! THIS is the one you want.  :sumo:

Niiice one - agree with all above, perhaps sans @plady69 - I would beg to differ there and would argue Rex is trying to pick robot nose. The butt-kicking must start not start until the interior on this early issue, I guess.

On 6/28/2024 at 11:49 PM, skypinkblu said:

Smash 1 came out the month before, but this is a much nicer cover.

[Lou Fine] Hey Ed, the guys tell me you've got a comic cover with a robot coming out! First one ever, nice! I'm actually working on one of those.

[Ed Cronin] Hey Lou. Really, you are?

[Lou] Yeah, working on one for Fox, probably needs another few days. It's just taking a while to get all the anatomy and details right.

[Ed] Oh right, all the anatomy and details. Hey, uh, you think you could draw something else instead?

[Lou] Instead of a robot cover?

[Ed] Yeah.

[Lou] How come?

[Ed] Well, I mean, mine's coming out soon, seems like it's gonna be confusing to the kids to have two comics with robot covers out there.

[Lou] Well, they won't look the same, right?

[Ed] Well, they're probably going to be pretty close. I put a LOT of extra love into this one.

...Ed's cover:

Screenshot2024-06-29at10_20_22AM.png.53327e584fef0c9e6855d1271787611f.png

Edited by Point Five