• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan the Barbarian #2
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have this Conan the Barbarian #2 here. It has a very large crease running horizontally (doesn’t color break horizontally). Light crease vertically. It does have a few color breaks on the spine and bottom left corner. There is some spine stress visible on the back. The color really pops and I would like to think that after a decent press this could get a 7.0 but let me know your thoughts. Thanks!IMG_8288.thumb.jpeg.6242f5852bb56163f4843dbba9b3f1de.jpegIMG_8290.thumb.jpeg.27f2185d09c1cbe219ab709af7ca6613.jpegIMG_8292.thumb.jpeg.ce7da81099f74bda66fba4d9add779cb.jpeg

IMG_8289.jpeg

IMG_8291.jpeg

Really hard to tell until after the clean and press; it depends how many of those creases are eliminated after the press.  The book has spine ticks and corner wear, but nothing really bad so the creases are the major issue.

On the high end after the press, if the creases don't break color, I'd say 7.5/8.0.

If those long creases end up breaking color or can't be completely pressed out, then 6.0.

Could you post pictures again after a clean and press?  I'd be really interested to see how the press turns out, and have the opportunity to grade it again.