• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Story of Batman 10
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

Just to add to some of the inconsistencies by cgc here is a little story.

Late last year I bought a batman 10 on a live sale. Being Sold as a 1.8-2.0 no restoration (i specifically asked). Something seemed off with the back cover when I saw it,  but the app has a great refund policy. So I took the gamble.

I received it and the back cover was for the wrong book (not married but for a silver age book instead) I also noticed glue, tape and possible colour touch.

I worked with the seller on a partial refund (they were difficult to work with even though it was clearly not a 1.8- 2.0). I also found an auction listing for this same book that sold 4 months prior. The listing had it as a 0.5 with all the issues listed (photo below)

I sold it listing all the defects and I told buyer I'd take the back cover off and slab it to try to just get a blue 0.5.

The buyer did not and submitted as is. It came back as a 1.8 green label. And the reason it was qualified by cgc is the bottom staple was replaced. No mention of the wrong back cover, glue, tape, or colour touch. 

What happened here?

Screenshot_20240704_112444_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240704_113238_Whatnot.jpg

Edited by 87richarm

On 7/4/2024 at 2:21 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Why blank out the serial number so we can't even see the grader notes?

Sorry not my book. So didn't want to disclose too much.

Photos of graders notes below as well of the back cover

Screenshot_20240704_161901_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240704_161907_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240704_161913_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240704_161919_Chrome.jpg

What did cgc do when they were notified of the mistake?

On 7/4/2024 at 5:06 PM, buttock said:

Jeez, that's the back cover and part of the front of a Coo Coo comic I think.  Egregious mistake. 

Wow you are correct sir... I always wondered what it was from. I have never really seen coo coo comics. But here it is

Screenshot_20240704_175613_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240704_175617_Chrome.jpg