• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] GO APE! Power Record Planet of the Apes sets + a Star Trek Dynabrite
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

GENERAL RULES:

First clear, unqualified "take it" in the thread wins the book. If attempting to negotiate via PM, after mutual acceptance a clear "take it" must be posted in the thread by you or me.  

Asking questions about item details, picture requests, shipping quotes, negotiating price, etc. does NOT constitute a claim or "dibs" on an item.   

No members on the HOS or Probation List may participate. I reserve the right to refuse to sell to anyone for any reason.

Shipping:  in addition to the price of the item and will be at cost for either Priority, Ground Advantage....or Media Mail *

Payment:

PayPal, cashier's check or money order.  I do NOT accept Friends/Family payments; thus, such a method should not be used to renegotiate the price, nor does method of payment have a bearing on price.

Payment is expected within 7 days of receiving an invoice.  Please allow me to send you an invoice before paying.

Returns:

Items may be returned within 7 days after receipt if dissatisfied.  Buyer pays return shipping unless a significant detail has been overlooked by me. Please contact me with any issues.

About Me:

I have done deals with about a dozen board members but my kudos thread was lost in the migration. Here's my eBay feedback as a seller

Edited by Number 6
closing thread

These books are all factory sealed in their original cellophane shrink wrap. However, these are “new old store stock” which means they are not “mint” or even near mint. As such, they all have some degree of cello splits and shelf wear.  

Oddly, most of these have some spider vein creases to the covers even though the books are flat and don’t feel as though they have been bent in a way to cause those creases. This must be a production defect, and I have owned at least one other Power Record book that was sealed and near mint but had a similar type crease to the front cover. 

But on the plus side, none are reminder clipped, and none have rusty staples or any staining. 

I’ll do my best to describe the condition of each book in the set. All the books will be individually bagged and boarded in Golden Age-size poly bags and boards. 

These issues do not reprint the previous Marvel Comics adaptations but feature art and story adaptations that are original to this release. 

* Typically, I don’t ship Media Mail. However, records do qualify for the rate and a strong argument could be made that the books are elaborate record sleeves. And aside from the “house ads” mentioning that there are other books in the series, there are no advertisements.  

But there is some risk since if these packages were opened for inspection a postal employee would probably jump to the conclusion these are just comics books and not allowed. 

Yet, considering the low value on these, and the fact that technically they should qualify, I will ship these Media Mail if that is what the buyer chooses.

Posted (edited)

Set  A    $25.00 claimed by SkOw

IMG_5920.thumb.jpeg.79923b27ecb8b1d732e435234a6f61cc.jpeg

IMG_5921.thumb.jpeg.495c5b7e8ffe49009a3981aa8b48ed54.jpeg

PR-18 copy A: Cello open at all four corners with slight wear to book corners. 2.5 cm spine crease to front cover with matching 1.5 cm crease to back cover. Approx. Five spine stresses/creases to front cover. Vertical spider vein crease to front cover that runs top to bottom through the first “P”. Approx. three faint intermittent vertical spider vein creases to front cover. Some dust-dulling to the cello in the middle of the front and back cover. 

IMG_5926.thumb.jpeg.bb8c020d8849fce39e9866b243cbc453.jpeg

IMG_5927.thumb.jpeg.24553f019c6f0e632848f23b57e977a8.jpeg

PR-19 copy A: Cello open at all four corners with slight wear to book corners. Approx. 1.5 cm piece of cello missing from bottom right corner of front cover and matching missing piece on the back. Approx. 2 cm cello split at the top edge from the right corner. A vertical spider vein crease to the front cover through the first “E” that runs the length of the book and a matching crease on the back cover. Another vertical spider vein crease through the “COMES ALIVE” box on the right front cover. Some dust-dulling to the cello in the middle of the front and back cover. 

IMG_5932.thumb.jpeg.365a477ae60e7a42f32fecd1427dd177.jpeg

IMG_5933.thumb.jpeg.ef5ea7f912a0122bdd7de5c0ccbaf6ad.jpeg

PR-21 copy A: Cello open at all four corners with slight wear to book corners. Two small cello splits at top right corner of front cover. 3 cm cello split to outside edge bellow the top right corner. Faint vertical spider vein crease through Urko’s torso on the front cover. Two 2 cm stress bends to the middle spine of the back cover. 3 cm spider vain crease above the soldier ape’s head on back cover. Some dust-dulling to the cello in the middle of the front and back cover.

Edited by Number 6
Claimed by SkOw

Posted (edited)

Set  B    $25.00 claimed by PopKulture

IMG_5922.thumb.jpeg.ca334b13a6679708f0a59db08306a632.jpeg

IMG_5923.thumb.jpeg.4595bd943f39bdf353dcdc23831e8a51.jpeg

PR-18 copy B: Cello open at all four corners with slight wear to book corners. Two approx. 3 cm cello splits along the spine and approx. 4 cm split to the top edge /upper right corner of back cover. 4 cm spine crease to back cover. Two vertical spider vein creases through the first “P” on the front cover. At least one other faint intermittent vertical spider vein crease to the front cover. Some dust-dulling to the cello in the middle of the front and back cover.

IMG_5928.thumb.jpeg.d620d32180e6412ce7f8be733c55d990.jpeg

IMG_5929.thumb.jpeg.49232167f335f483825d62d050352b9b.jpeg

PR-19 copy B: Cello open at all four corners with slight wear to book corners.  A slight spine stress to upper spine on the front cover. An approx. 3 cm spine bend/crease to lower spine of the front cover with a couple of matching 5 mm spine stresses on the back cover.  A vertical spider vein crease to the front cover through the first “E” that runs the length of the book and a matching crease on the back cover. Approx. two intermittent vertical spider vein creases to the front cover. Another vertical spider vein crease through the “COMES ALIVE” box on the right front cover. A vertical slight bend crease that runs from the middle top edge to the center of the back cover. 5 cm cello split along the outside edge starting at the top right corner. Some dust-dulling to the cello in the middle of the front and back cover.

IMG_5934.thumb.jpeg.79ce4c511ee0305a0c6d28d615189ac6.jpeg

IMG_5935.thumb.jpeg.61018010750639e63062cc0f45d4c8ad.jpeg

PR-21 copy B: Cello open at top and bottom spine corners and bottom right corner with slight wear to book corners. A vertical spider vein crease through the first “B” to the top of Urko’s head on the front cover. Some dust-dulling to the cello in the middle of the front and back cover. 

Edited by Number 6
Claimed by PopKulture

Posted (edited)

Set  C    $20.00 claimed by SkOw

IMG_5924.thumb.jpeg.23615839e0f39be5e29295585d49b3e8.jpeg

IMG_5925.thumb.jpeg.18414f4ab3f390d70b2d5a77de64365b.jpeg

PR-18 copy C: Cello open at all four corners with slight wear to book corners. 1 cm cello split at “SET” on the upper front cover and a couple of tiny nicks to the cello along the top edge. 3 cm cello split to the bottom left edge and a 4 cm slit to the cello at the upper right area of the front cover. Approx. eleven vertical spider vein creases to the front cover, one runs the length of the book, the rest vary from ¼ to ¾ in length (these don't break color as it appears in the photo, it's just picking up the light on the cellophane).  Some dust-dulling to the cello in the middle of the front and back cover.

IMG_5930.thumb.jpeg.6b22c03d1e2f376c45abb21291f0e921.jpeg

IMG_5931.thumb.jpeg.45277c5a6ebe3f3cfd8c5033ee56697c.jpeg

PR-19 copy C: Cello open at top two corners and bottom spine corner with slight wear to book corners. A vertical spider vein crease to the front cover through the first “E” that runs the length of the book and a matching crease on the back cover. Another vertical spider vein crease through the “COMES ALIVE” box and runs down to the Power logo on the right front cover. Cello split at the lower spine area of the front cover with a couple of parallel scrapes to the book cover in the exposed area. 4 cm bend crease to upper left corner of back cover. Some dust-dulling to the cello in the middle of the front and back cover.

IMG_5936.thumb.jpeg.6d36c52d2eae9735ee8a46a8a874a0da.jpeg

IMG_5937.thumb.jpeg.4c7431c3f0e44f651d81654d70ef5c86.jpeg

PR-21 copy C: Cello open at all four corners with slight wear to book corners. Cresent shaped cello split to right front edge with matching split on back. Cello split to outside edge from top corner down ¾ of the length of the book. A couple 2 cm stress bends to the front cover at the bottom of the spine. Two 2 cm spine stress creases to upper spine of back cover. 2 cm spider vain crease to top left corner of back cover. 5.5 cm cello split to middle edge of back cover.  Some dust-dulling to the cello in the middle of the front and back cover. 

Edited by Number 6
Claimed by SkOw

Posted (edited)

PR-21 copy  D    $5.00

IMG_5938.thumb.jpeg.9ebb6ec2f8666518082b6dc73fcc8b88.jpeg

IMG_5940.thumb.jpeg.6b7ae181392fd457a74e81d5abef4fe9.jpeg

PR-21 copy D: Cello open at all four corners with slight wear to book corners. Two 2.5 cm stress creases to the upper spine of the front cover, one slightly breaks color. Approx. Three stress bends to the mid- to lower spine of the front cover. Approx. Three vertical spider vein creases that start at the top edge of the front cover and run approx. ¼ to ½ the length of the book. Four spine stress creases to the back cover from 2 cm to 5 mm in size. 3 cm v-shaped cello tear on the front cover over the first to “E”s and a 1 cm v-shaped cello tear to the spine edge of the front cover on Urko’s bum.  Some dust-dulling to the cello in the middle of the front and back cover. 

Edited by Number 6
Add pictures

Posted (edited)

DYNABRITE #11357

These were issued in 1978 with a cardstock cover (Geoge Wilson painted reprint of issue #41), reprints Star Trek # 33 Al Moniz (w) Alberto Giolitti (a); #41 Arnold Drake (w) Al McWilliams (a)

These copies were removed from a factory sealed six-pack.

IMG_3223.thumb.jpeg.01033c1f1e811d205767ddfe16dc4935.jpegIMG_3224.thumb.jpeg.54ee3fe8727d8254ad377604151373b4.jpegIMG_3225.thumb.jpeg.8c825190f191f6076dfa92c59be37a7a.jpeg

While not "mint" or even near mint, these are probably some of the nicest copies I've seen as these tend to be plagued with spider vein creasing to the cardstock covers.

* These Dynabrites might be pushing the envelope a bit on the Media Mail rate, but like the Power Record books there are no advertisements other than the “house ad” on the back cover mentioning that there are other issues available. So again, because of the low value, I will ship these Media Mail if that’s what the buyer chooses to save on cost. 

Edited by Number 6
Add pictures

Spoiler

Dynabrite2a.thumb.jpg.f0456b96e4c457421ad6e90a0bcc9687.jpg

Dynabrite2b.thumb.jpg.ba4d0962eede7c08d91e6f2188079e2d.jpg

Copy B Small ¼" faint crescent spider vein crease to bottom right corner of front cover, small faint ink smudge to bottom right corner of back cover, faintest beginning of a spine stress to bottom staple area of back cover, white pages, tiny bindery tears to interior pages.  $10.00

Spoiler

Dynabrite3a.thumb.jpg.284f643f75670e1bb8b8887b61d90337.jpg

Dynabrite3b.thumb.jpg.2483d0aea0e6ec8a4b085f2a90a90d63.jpg

Copy C Tiny color fleck to top and bottom of spine and to bottom edge of front cover near spine, very slight small bends to corners of front cover, very faint shallow creasing to bottom edge of back cover, faint foxing/age discoloration to bottom right corner of back cover and bottom of page edges at spine, off-white pages. $8.00

Spoiler

Dynabrite4a.thumb.jpg.abba6b53bbb6f18274fe70fbb669d301.jpg

Dynabrite4b.thumb.jpg.b54c2ed0d179c0bfa90d2d7cacdc95a3.jpg

Copy D Hint of wear to spine tips, three slight surface indents to front cover, top right corner curled inward with faint beginnings of an associated crease to back cover, faint 1/8” bend to bottom right corner of book, a couple of very faint beginnings of spine stresses to front cover and one to back cover, shallow bend to bottom edge of front cover, shallow creasing and bend to bottom edge of back cover, bindery tears to top edge of pages up to 1/8” one affects top edge of front cover in blue banner, foxing/age toning to bottom right corner of back cover and bottom page edges at spine, off-white to white pages.  $5.00