• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there still room to grow for Green Lantern 25 (first Atrocitus)

12 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2024 at 8:59 AM, fastballspecial said:

Nope not until the Max Show which might revive GL in general.

This would help.

Other things that might be helpful - Atrocitus announced as the NEW MAIN GREEN LANTERN in comics (or some other existing thing - new Flash, new Darkseid).

GL movie announced with Atrocitus as main bad guy played by SOMEONE FAMOUS - Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise.

IMHO it's overpriced and will drop a bit. The TV show however might boost 1st Kyle Raynor but I caution anyone from speculating on Copper or Modern DC Superheroes. Except for a select few outliers it's always a $$$ losing endeavor!

Edited by MAR1979

Aside from the first Atrocitus, this book has a ton of first appearances in it and IMO, it comes down to how good or bad the GL show/movies are received. While most of them are cameos, it does give the book more revelance. If you're into the book because you like GL, then this is one of the books to have in that run. As far as room to grow goes, print runs aren't what they were a few decades ago (generally speaking). If you can pick up some nice raws at a good price, then I'd say go for it or maybe grab a copy of the regular cover and the variant as well and call it a day. I really like this book and I place it as one of the more important books to come out in some time for GL. Take a look at all the cameos this book contains in the link below. 

I do like the cover too. Something about red backgrounds that tends to get my attention. 

https://www.keycollectorcomics.com/issue/?search=green+lantern+25&groupBy=issue&orderBy=queryRelevance

green lantern 25 cgc 9.8 SS final scan better color.jpg

Edited by Timeless icons

On 7/15/2024 at 1:32 PM, MAR1979 said:

The TV show however might boost 1st Kyle Raynor

That will be impressive, since it features Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart.

Have I missed an announcement about Kyle Rayner?

Oh well....

It's only DC and it's 2024 so any boost would be tiny and fade fast

On 7/19/2024 at 5:38 PM, Brock said:

That will be impressive, since it features Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart.

Have I missed an announcement about Kyle Rayner?

On 7/15/2024 at 11:39 PM, Sakaarian collector said:

Aside from the first Atrocitus, this book has a ton of first appearances in it and IMO, it comes down to how good or bad the GL show/movies are received. While most of them are cameos, it does give the book more revelance. If you're into the book because you like GL, then this is one of the books to have in that run. As far as room to grow goes, print runs aren't what they were a few decades ago (generally speaking). If you can pick up some nice raws at a good price, then I'd say go for it or maybe grab a copy of the regular cover and the variant as well and call it a day. I really like this book and I place it as one of the more important books to come out in some time for GL. Take a look at all the cameos this book contains in the link below. 

I do like the cover too. Something about red backgrounds that tends to get my attention. 

https://www.keycollectorcomics.com/issue/?search=green+lantern+25&groupBy=issue&orderBy=queryRelevance

green lantern 25 cgc 9.8 SS final scan better color.jpg

This variant worth about 3x the regular if Im right.

On 9/5/2024 at 10:59 AM, Coverdeath said:

This variant worth about 3x the regular if Im right.

As of the current gpa, it does reflect that for the last sale of each book. In reality though, the variant usually sells for about 25 to 50 percent more than the standard cover.

Edited by Sakaarian collector