• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Preacher’s Summer Session - THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED
11 11

728 posts in this topic

Darn it...I really didn't want that book to sell...that book (this exact copy) has withstood selling 3x threads over the past decade. You sir, finally took her down. Taking all the cookies, I see...all the cookies...

Jonathan Schmock | Cameo

On 7/12/2024 at 12:42 PM, Kramerica said:

:takeit:

Daredevil 34 (6.5) - $20

This is a nice 6.5. Bright and glossy FC that didn't really show up well in the pics.

Daredevil34A.thumb.jpeg.0ee0c88b984202db3ff8951ea2c598ff.jpeg

On 7/11/2024 at 5:49 PM, ThePreacher said:

Man Thing 4 (6.5) - $5

ManThingThe4A.thumb.jpeg.3c0d4226f93ff565e7591e2b6bd1c061.jpeg

ManThingThe4B.thumb.jpeg.c416b6427f6666af0ee6151c36bbef10.jpeg

I need this for my Man Thing run :banana:

:takeit:

On 7/12/2024 at 12:50 PM, ThePreacher said:

Darn it...I really didn't want that book to sell...that book (this exact copy) has withstood selling 3x threads over the past decade.

I remember posting stuff ten or more times in the past, and then it finally sells. Sometimes, the eleventh time is the charm.

greggy used to give me carp about it, however he's bought stuff that has been posted multiple times in the past too.

Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2024 at 1:39 PM, lizards2 said:

I remember posting stuff ten or more times in the past, and then it finally sells. Sometimes, the eleventh time is the charm.

greggy used to give me carp about it, however he's bought stuff that has been posted multiple times in the past too.

Greggy is a curious character

Edited by ThePreacher

On 7/11/2024 at 5:02 PM, ThePreacher said:

Slot reserved for general tomfoolery...

-------------------------------------------------

K, a special section in this thread next...

Gene Colan's signed books from his personal collection.

I picked these books up off Heritage nearly 10 years ago and was lucky enough to even talk about these books with his son. I promised a ping to a few people when this moment came. I have definitely forgotten some...argh, but here are a few:

@Readcomix @gunsmokin @Corvonie @flying_bison @Kramerica

I'll post a couple now and then the rest likely tonight around 4pm PT Friday.

For those curious, provenance is here:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/miscellaneous/comic-books-assorted-silver-modern-age-comics-signed-by-gene-colan-group-of-36-various-publishers-1960s-90s-condition-a-total-36/a/121527-11509.s

Met Gene some years ago and had him sign a few books of mine. Even have his business card somewhere.

On 7/12/2024 at 2:33 PM, gunsmokin said:

Met Gene some years ago and had him sign a few books of mine. Even have his business card somewhere.

Wanna do a little show and tell?

Just looked through the list and we've got about 30 Colan books. 4pm :foryou:

K, a special section in this thread next...

Gene Colan's signed books from his personal collection.

I picked these books up off Heritage nearly 10 years ago and was lucky enough to even talk about these books with his son. I promised a ping to a few people when this moment came. I have definitely forgotten some...argh, but here are a few:

@Readcomix @gunsmokin @Corvonie @flying_bison @Kramerica

I'll post a couple now and then the rest likely tonight around 4pm PT Friday.

For those curious, provenance is here:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/miscellaneous/comic-books-assorted-silver-modern-age-comics-signed-by-gene-colan-group-of-36-various-publishers-1960s-90s-condition-a-total-36/a/121527-11509.s