• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading opinions on X-Men 28?

34 posts in this topic

I am gonna go out on a limb here and say a 9.2. The only things I can see are a slight ding top center, same bottom right/center and bottom left and some signs of tan in the whites on the logo. Otherwise looks really really tight. And not even sure how much a of ding those dings really are.

Those dings are there but they are VERY small. The scan really doesn't do the book justice. The color is absolutely astounding and the gloss is blinding. It's one of those eye appeal factors that CGC doesn't seem to factor very heavily which is too bad.

Rahl - that was my intuition - that the dings are less than they appear. I say a 9.2 only because of what I have seen having been on this site a while. I really think any way you slice it, at least by the cover, it is a primo book!

The color is absolutely astounding and the gloss is blinding. It's one of those eye appeal factors that CGC doesn't seem to factor very heavily which is too bad.

Where did you hear this from? confused.gif Based on my experience the complete opposite is true.

>>Where did you hear this from? Based on my experience the complete opposite is true.

Then you're just the man to take a "light-pumpkin orange, date-stamped" Hulk CGC 9.0 off the hands of one of my cohorts. Let me tell you, that's one keen book, and pre-CGC estimated as a 7.5-8.0 at best. grin.gif

From what I've seen & experienced, CGC gives high marks for "absolutely astounding" color & "blinding" gloss

BOC I hope you're right. Because this is one of the brightest reds I've seen on this book. But I was under the impression that CGC worries more about structure than eye appeal. The little defects the book has really don't detract that much from the book when you factor in how bright and glossy it is. Either way we'll find out as it goes out on Monday.

BOC I hope you're right. Because this is one of the brightest reds I've seen on this book.

Looks incredible in the scan & it must look even better in person.

But I was under the impression that CGC worries more about structure than eye appeal.

Well, if that was the case we wouldn't be seeing those slabbed, off center, white border 9.6s & 9.8s certain posters like to whine & [!@#%^&^] about on a daily basis.

The little defects the book has really don't detract that much from the book when you factor in how bright and glossy it is. Either way we'll find out as it goes out on Monday.

I'm thinking 9.0-9.2. Good luck with it & fill us in on the results when you get it back.

I love it when people call me that, yet half the time I'm more accurate then the people who sit on here and call everything 9.2-9.4 :\

Anyways, maybe slightly better then that particular one.. but yours suffers from overflash marks, slight spine mark just above the top of the top of staple (looks like the staples have moved around a bit as well), tanning in the logo box, slight cover wrinkle there too, lower left bindary corner is blunted, and there are slight indent marks in a couple places along the bottom of the cover. Let's see the back of yours..

Brian

The one thing the scan is doing on the 28 is making the whites on the cover look like they are tanning more than they are. The whites are pretty clean on the actual book but when I lighten the scan to the level of the actual book it bleaches out that deep red.