• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading opinions on X-Men 28?

34 posts in this topic

Of course no 2 books are exactly alike, but seeing as how CGC graded that # 24 as a VF+ with the butt ugly date stamp, visible spine breaks, weak lower right corner, "dirty" white logo, top edge wear, etc.... I figure the 28 is better. I guess we can agree to disagree & wait 'till the good Lord gets his comic back. tongue.gif

I think your CGC 8.5 is more like an 8.0, and I'd give the one you just bought a 9.0.

Unfortunetly, Date stamps in the "x" seem pretty common.

Check out this POS of mine:

x28.jpg

And I think you're a little too harsh on perimeter "dings". Check out the top and bottom-left corners on this CGC 9.2. The top left corner on this 9.2 are much worse than the top left on mine. Plus, this one hsa spine stresses.

x28a.jpg

Hey AK, that ungraded 28 you have is actually pretty nice outside of the date stamp. What are you grading it at? And looking at the graded 28 you have, mine is just as nice. Not seeing where mine would be an 8.5 or even 9.0 and that one a 9.2. Of course I'm being biased but we'll see what CGC has to say in a couple of months.

The graded 9.2 isn't my book, I was just using the pic as an example.

The raw copy is mine though, and I grade it at about 9.2. It's a shame the date stamp is where it is though. It's a great copy, with absolutely NO wear at the spine at all. The top left is the only real problem with it.