• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has the Walt and Louise Simonson signing event happened yet? I have 4 books in for that and they haven't moved since being delivered.
2 2

13 posts in this topic

I know that the deadline got extended, maybe a week or two ago, which infers that the signing is still a ways off.

On 7/22/2024 at 12:29 PM, DarthMartel said:

It got extended in mid June to the end of June. The 28th I believe.  So, we're 3 weeks out from that. 

Man, that felt like last week. I would assume the signing is imminent then.

Who knows? I've had CGC signings that have taken place within a few weeks of the deadline, and I've had other signings that have not taken place for up to 6 months. And don't get me started on how long people, including myself, have waited for books when they overbook remarks and sketches. Hopefully it happens for you soon, but just wanted to give you the heads up that it could still take a while. Sorry to be a possible bearer of bad news. 

The Simonsons recently moved.  I don't know if that may have been cause for a delay but I know how stressful moving can be so lets give them some grace.  Still, it would be nice to be updated on where we are with things from CGC.

On 7/24/2024 at 6:55 PM, Hisestate said:

The Simonsons recently moved.  I don't know if that may have been cause for a delay but I know how stressful moving can be so lets give them some grace.  Still, it would be nice to be updated on where we are with things from CGC.

I absolutely agree with both your comments. Especially the updates from CGC. Which have not really happened since they started in house signings during Covid sadly. They will update on deadlines if there is a change. But the actual signing date itself they say nothing until they post a video of the signing taking place. Which is sometimes the day of the signing, and sometimes is posted the weekend after the signing took place. Heck, sometimes they don't post a video at all and we find out cause our book/s move to scheduling....

Anyone know if this has happened yet?

It finally happened. My books have moved to the grading process.  Well, correction. 2 of my 4 books have moved to grading. The other 2, may be getting pressed. I thought perhaps 2 of the books were waiting for Louise's signature as I didn't see her name on the guest list for Terrificon (where the signing happened) but, Louise's signature should be on the 2 books that were moved to grading. So, I can only assume she already signed them or was actually at Terrificon. Who knows at this point. All I know is that 2 of my 4 comics I sent in have been moved to the grading process. This particular signing event has happened finally. 

I see 5 of my 7 books submitted for signature been moved to grading.  No movement on the other 2.  Also, no movement on the remarque or sketch requests yet.  I guess those would be difficult to do at a convention with everything else going on.