• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wellfleet Massachusetts Bookstore & Restaurant
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Anyone else out there buy comics from this place in the 1960's/1970's? The bookstore had a massive collection of gold and silver age. My brothers and I got started on our collecting there. You can always tell its from there because of the pencil price on the bottom of the splash page.

I probably bought some randoms in the late 70's but can't really recall anything specific. My friends family vacationed summers down there and I would visit occasionally. I lived down there the summers of 85 & 86 but was more interested in the Bombshelter bar downstairs at that time in my life. :peace:

Cool little store and great part of the Cape though. Some really fond memories of my time down there.

On 7/29/2024 at 8:50 PM, MAR1979 said:

Is that where the Oysters come from?

It is, they even have an annual festival around them: 

https://www.wellfleetchamber.com/wellfleet-oysterfest/

I've been at parties where a local fisherman shows up with a bucket of oysters fresh out of the bay. So good... :drool:

It's a great little town but really remote and sparsely populated during the off season/winter and then explodes from May - October. The beaches and scenery are so amazing on that part of the cape. Not so safe any more these days to swim on the ocean side due to a growing population of great white sharks hunting seals in the area.