• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Darkstar Comic & Toy Show - August 11, 2024, Edmonton, Alberta
1 1

12 posts in this topic

The show was the first mid summer one in a few years so the crowd was mostly comic serious buyers/collectors which was nice. The regulars I know enjoyed being able to spend time digging through boxes without being bumped into or crowded our. If the organizer does another one next year it will grow.

@greggy did miss out on some fantastic deals that @Artboy99 and @thehumantorch found.

On 8/12/2024 at 12:23 PM, kimik said:

The show was the first mid summer one in a few years so the crowd was mostly comic serious buyers/collectors which was nice. The regulars I know enjoyed being able to spend time digging through boxes without being bumped into or crowded our. If the organizer does another one next year it will grow.

@greggy did miss out on some fantastic deals that @Artboy99 and @thehumantorch found.

lol always stirring the pot.  We did buy a Silver Surfer #1 and #4 at a good price but not fantastic.

Posted (edited)
On 8/12/2024 at 4:27 PM, thehumantorch said:

lol always stirring the pot.  We did buy a Silver Surfer #1 and #4 at a good price but not fantastic.

The #1 was for a 40% discount to GPA.......but I know that is more than you typically want to pay............:devil:

Edited by kimik

On 8/12/2024 at 9:41 PM, thehumantorch said:

Sure but the #4 was fully priced so likely a 25% total discount.

You should have passed on it.........

On 8/14/2024 at 12:02 AM, Artboy99 said:

The #1 was obtained for $700 under gpa, the #4 only $100 under gpa. Overall still a great buy in my opinion.

20240812_125613.jpg

20240812_125549.jpg

Nice books!