• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ih#1 as investment
1 1

42 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2024 at 6:57 PM, Invest said:

Looks like it is to much

Depends on PQ and how it presents. If it's a White page, no Marvel Chipping copy with eye-popping colors & registration - then it's probably a nice pick up.

-bc

On 8/7/2024 at 6:59 PM, bc said:

Depends on PQ and how it presents. If it's a White page, no Marvel Chipping copy with eye-popping colors & registration - then it's probably a nice pick up.

-bc

It's the cheapest one I have found so far on the internet and it's mycomicshop who's selling it

Yes, too much. Make an offer for $25K.  A 4.0 was just $25K a few months ago.  Now you can get one for $20 ish if you wait a bit over time.

As for long term investment, that is a tough question.  Hulk 1 will always sell in a day, but gonna be some time before its worth $30K again.  You have to think how long you will be holding.  Not in next 2 years though.  

On 8/8/2024 at 6:58 AM, dpressim said:

Yes, too much. Make an offer for $25K.  A 4.0 was just $25K a few months ago.  Now you can get one for $20 ish if you wait a bit over time.

As for long term investment, that is a tough question.  Hulk 1 will always sell in a day, but gonna be some time before its worth $30K again.  You have to think how long you will be holding.  Not in next 2 years though.  

What would be a good price for amazing fantasy #15 cgc 4.0?

@Invest right now is an interesting time to make a big buy. A lot of keys are currently contracting in price, post COVID inflation. You look at ANY big dollar SA key and you see down arrows from late 2021 to today in terms of prices paid. A lot of the set prices you're going to find (BINs, retail, shows) are going to be prices set back when the market was higher, OR you're seeing a seller who bought when the market was higher and is under water in a book and hoping to stop/limit the bleeding on the book. 

An AF15 in 4.0 is currently selling for around $31-$36k depending on how it presents for the grade and the print quality. The same book was selling for $50k+ in instances 2.5 years ago. Has it settled, probably. Some sellers might also still be living in the illusion that the price can return to the COVID heights prices soon, so they dont want to drop their prices. Your best bet is to try to win in an auction rather than pay a retail sticker price. 

All the same things can be said about an IH1, just slightly different prices. IH1 in 5.0 is about a $25k book. It's COVID high was $60k. 

The interesting thing about IH1 is that its census numbers are the lowest of the 1st era Marvel keys. Only 1500 blue grades vs 2500 of AF15. Which makes it even more appealing. 

On 8/8/2024 at 12:19 PM, miraclemet said:

@Invest right now is an interesting time to make a big buy. A lot of keys are currently contracting in price, post COVID inflation. You look at ANY big dollar SA key and you see down arrows from late 2021 to today in terms of prices paid. A lot of the set prices you're going to find (BINs, retail, shows) are going to be prices set back when the market was higher, OR you're seeing a seller who bought when the market was higher and is under water in a book and hoping to stop/limit the bleeding on the book. 

An AF15 in 4.0 is currently selling for around $31-$36k depending on how it presents for the grade and the print quality. The same book was selling for $50k+ in instances 2.5 years ago. Has it settled, probably. Some sellers might also still be living in the illusion that the price can return to the COVID heights prices soon, so they dont want to drop their prices. Your best bet is to try to win in an auction rather than pay a retail sticker price. 

All the same things can be said about an IH1, just slightly different prices. IH1 in 5.0 is about a $25k book. It's COVID high was $60k. 

The interesting thing about IH1 is that its census numbers are the lowest of the 1st era Marvel keys. Only 1500 blue grades vs 2500 of AF15. Which makes it even more appealing. 

Wow, thanks for all that information.

On 8/8/2024 at 12:34 PM, Invest said:

Wow, thanks for all that information.

also if you're thinking about making a big investment, it's probably worth it to get a GPAnalyss subscription for at least a little while to dig in to the market results of the books youre considering. 

https://comics.gpanalysis.com/

it has records of all CGC sales (ebay and some other platforms) over the years. 

On 8/8/2024 at 12:35 PM, miraclemet said:

i love thinking about this stuff... (as do lots of people here)

I don't think I want to buy right now, just way to many down arrows for the last few years for that to make any sense.

On 8/8/2024 at 5:58 AM, dpressim said:

I am rarely successful when I make an offer to MyComicShop.

On 8/8/2024 at 3:08 PM, Invest said:

They never answer me when i message them.

MCS doesn't respond to your emails?  That is difficult to believe.

On 8/9/2024 at 12:37 AM, miraclemet said:

it's probably worth it to get a GPAnalyss subscription for at least a little while to dig in to the market results of the books youre considering. 

This.