• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(SOFT CLOSE) A few GOODIES FOR YOUR PERUSAL ...

20 posts in this topic

These are listed grudgingly, as my SS check is late. I'm not asking for any help and I'm OK, but need to plan for worst case contingencies. If it turns up I may pull these down. They're probably about as cheap as I want to go. Price includes shipping by USPS in the USA. Out of country can be discussed, but will be additional. Returns are always accepted within 2 weeks after your receipt. Payment is Check or Paypal. I will also accept live goats, live chickens, or live nonvenomous reptiles, but they must be delivered by the buyer. They will likely not be eaten, but no promises. Thanks for looking :foryou: GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

PAPERBACKS

A WORD ABOUT GRADING

I use a 5 point scale, unlike many booksellers. I just don't feel like a 3 point system is accurate with the many subtle nuances involved with mass publication ephemera. My grades are as follows:

GOOD ... Well read and with creasing, small chips, stains, and/or spine splits, but still complete and solid enough to read carefully.

VERY GOOD ... A carefully read specimen that may have several small defects like creasing, spine leans and cupping, small tears, minor stains but still looks respectable and solid. A book that someone cared about but read. May still have decent gloss.

FINE ... A sharp copy that almost looks new, except for corner wear and rounding, very slight spine lean or almost unnoticed reading crease along spine. This one will have a lot of characteristics of a new book. No lengthy or hard creasing. Almost full to full gloss. A pretty, respectable book. 

VERY FINE ... A book that looks unread, but may have a couple of very minor defects usually isolated to corners and edges. May have a very slight spine slant, but no cupping. No obvious creasing but a minor bend or indention can be present. A real eye opening copy.

NEAR MINT ... An unread and nearly perfect specimen. Possibly a VERY tiny bend, dimple, or indention on the back cover.

-

MEME MONITOR.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Posted (edited)

BLOODSTAR   Howard/Corben                           VGDJ/FHB                                            $ 110  :news: SOLD mstrange

... rubbing along dust jacket spine. I see this a lot on this title

w23cpwN.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Posted (edited)

FRANK KELLY FREAS/ THE ART OF SCIENCE FICTION                            VG++                           $ 30 :news: SOLD mstrange

.... inscribed

EiPgwTs.jpg

100_3923.JPG

Edited by jimjum12

Posted (edited)

THE PARABLES OF JESUS Wyeth                                         VG                                               REMOVED FROM SALE

WYETH PARABLES JESUS (2).jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Posted (edited)

ROADS Seabury Quinn                                                  VG-                                      REMOVED FROM SALE 

ROADS SEABURY QUINN a.jpg

ROADS SEABURY QUINN b.jpg

ROADS SEABURY QUINN c.jpg

ROADS SEABURY QUINN d.jpg

ROADS SEABURY QUINN e.jpg

ROADS SEABURY QUINN f.jpg

ROADS SEABURY QUINN g.jpg

ROADS SEABURY QUINN h.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Posted (edited)

I, ROBOT  Asimov                                        VF-                                         $ 175  :news: Goldust40

... 1st print, light wear, VERY sharp

PB100.jpg

PB100B.jpg

PB100S.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

On 8/9/2024 at 3:57 PM, jimjum12 said:

I, ROBOT  Asimov                                        VF-                                         $ 175 ... 1st print, light wear, VERY sharp

PB100.jpg

PB100B.jpg

PB100S.jpg

I will take this, Jim!

On 8/9/2024 at 7:39 AM, jimjum12 said:

BLOODSTAR   Howard/Corben                           VGDJ/FHB                                            $ 110 ... rubbing along dust jacket spine. I see this a lot on this title

w23cpwN.jpg

:takeit:

On 8/9/2024 at 12:05 PM, mstrange said:

:takeit:

Thanks Mark. I'll get the info to you shortly. It'll be next Friday before shipping. It will take me that long to ooze from here to the P.O. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

WHO GOES THERE Cambell                                F                                            $ 65 .... nice eye appeal but it has a bend or two. O/W known as "The Thing From Another World"

PB282.jpg

PB282B.jpg

SHE COULDN'T BE GOOD                                    VG                                                    40 ...Digest

PB229.jpg

Posted (edited)

THE PASSION MAKER  J Stewart                                  VF+                                   125 ... Now this is the difference between smut and sleaze.

PB56.jpg

PB81B.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Posted (edited)

THE ABNORMAL ONES H Pruett                               VF                                $125 ... Fun fact, many lesbians prefer to build their homes, tongue and groove. 

PB267.jpg

Edited by jimjum12