• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[Closed] Swank April 1974 Science Fiction Spectacular Harlan Ellison Ray Bradbury Toronto World SF Convention
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Rules:

No list people.  Lord willing I don't have to make my own list, but I'll let you know if it comes to that.

Shipping in the U.S. only.  You can P.M. me to see if I'll make an exception, but the hassle isn't usually worth it in the price range I'll be selling in.  Shipping for comics and magazines is a flat 10 dollars and will be USPS Ground Advantage.  I pack securely with books sandwiched by cardboard in a stiff mailer or padded envelope or in a well-packed box.  I ship as I like to receive, and you collectors know what I'm talking about.  I'm not out to make a profit on shipping but don't like to take it on the chin, either.

Payment via Paypal or Check or Money Order.  If you're doing one of the latter, it's going to be slower as we have to wait for the thing to mail and clear which is not a problem.

Returns within 30 days.  You pay for the return unless there's an omission in the listing in which case I do. In any case let me know if there are any problems, as I like both the buyer and the seller to be happy with the transaction.

I plan on using this thread as a place to stick certain books up before they go to eBay (likely at higher prices) or to bring books over from ended listings at eBay that might have particular appeal to boardies.  I take lots of eBay pics and don't see why not to include them here.  Ebay feedback here

Edited by Darwination

Posted (edited)

Swank April 1974 Science Fiction Spectacular Harlan Ellison Ray Bradbury Toronto World SF Convention

Let's try this again.  The last pulp I had listed here at 70 sold for asking at 100 within an hour of my moving it to eBay :691460725_armsraised:

Swank April 1974.  The coveted SF special edition featuring Harlan Ellison's "Kiss of Fire," a profile on Ellison "Don't Call Me a Science Fiction Writer," an interview with Ray Bradbury, an article on Forrest Ackerman's private museum, Ralph Novak on the real Dracula, a report on Torcon (Toronto SF Con) with pics of Larry Niven, Isaac Asimov, Lester Del Rey, Robert Bloch, Theodore Sturgeon, George Herbert, and Robert Silverberg in their 1970s glory, as well features on Raquel Welch, Bobby Unser and other swanky things.  VG plus.  Nice and glossy, but crease at upper right corner, a couple small scuffs and some rubbing at spine, very light rust to the staples.  Square flat and white slick pages, some light browning to the pulp pages.  I have to imagine this is in better shape than most copies of this magazine (which is hard to find). $40      $35 one and only price drop  SOLD! to TupennyConan

Edited by Darwination

On 8/27/2024 at 3:50 PM, Darwination said:

Swank April 1974 Science Fiction Spectacular Harlan Ellison Ray Bradbury Toronto World SF Convention

Let's try this again.  The last pulp I had listed here at 70 sold for asking at 100 within an hour of my moving it to eBay :691460725_armsraised:

Swank April 1974.  The coveted SF special edition featuring Harlan Ellison's "Kiss of Fire," a profile on Ellison "Don't Call Me a Science Fiction Writer," an interview with Ray Bradbury, an article on Forrest Ackerman's private museum, Ralph Novak on the real Dracula, a report on Torcon (Toronto SF Con) with pics of Larry Niven, Isaac Asimov, Lester Del Rey, Robert Bloch, Theodore Sturgeon, George Herbert, and Robert Silverberg in their 1970s glory, as well features on Raquel Welch, Bobby Unser and other swanky things.  VG plus.  Nice and glossy, but crease at upper right corner, a couple small scuffs and some rubbing at spine, very light rust to the staples.  Square flat and white slick pages, some light browning to the pulp pages.  I have to imagine this is in better shape than most copies of this magazine (which is hard to find). $40      $35 one and only price drop 

20230824_142555.thumb.jpg.5f537e0be960b36489aeffcbd93f1bf1.jpg

20230824_142704.thumb.jpg.132944ceaec365890e85f538f861a79d.jpg

20230824_142718.thumb.jpg.4ff998b0b320849c266c0ef693ec85f8.jpg

20230824_142900.thumb.jpg.a4ec71faaf8af32e802705444c2fcadc.jpg

20230824_143123.thumb.jpg.110af3571d1d885a489de7c2b754d3f9.jpg

20230824_142741.thumb.jpg.07624a0b28f7a6db27feae3f74c516d6.jpg

20230824_142558.jpg

take if still available.