• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tracking my first major submissions to CGC

11 posts in this topic

I decided to take advantage of the July vintage bulk submission sale.  I spent the month deciding which books to send in. I decided to fill a usps box with 40  books and go for a press and grade.  I decided to join CGC at the highest level to get the 20% discount and the $150 "off.

Post office did great and got the books there safe and sound  from Monday til Thursday. 

Black box at cgc for a week and then showed up as three listings with 42 books ( maybe they counted the pedigree certificates for the Crippen books) 

Two weeks later the status is unchanged.

I think 25 of the forty were Four Colors.  I am wondering how they will end up versus the grade claimed by my trading partners

Theyhave checked in all of my books now.

They have broken them up into 3 groups  of 1, 25 and 16 books respectively.  no real idea why they did this 

I found that I had actually sumbitted 42 books in total  25 four colors , 11 DC's  3 Marvel  and 3  other

Here are the books I missed in my earlier pass

fc 133 DickTracy.jpg

fc 128 bc.jpg

fc 128 Santa Claus.jpg

On 8/29/2024 at 9:35 AM, jmg3637 said:

Theyhave checked in all of my books now.

They have broken them up into 3 groups  of 1, 25 and 16 books respectively.  no real idea why they did this 

The most books they will ship back to you at a time is 25-that is the max that their largest box will hold-so they will break large submissions into multiples of 25 (and remainders) for the purposes of shipping back to you.  Ordinarily that would mean 25 and 17 for your submission.  The one book by itself i believe means one of your books has been deemed to be in a different tier, and they will be adjusting the tier on it and sending it back separately most likely.  Was one of your books close to the max $400 value cutoff and after review they bumped it up a tier?

interesting observation.  The one they separated out was the Four COlor 128  pictured above.

I had it with a  price paid of 100  based on a grade of 7.5  in a trade  for the undercopy from 4GEM

To avoid the upcharge i picked books that I thought had an initial value between 100-250