• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men #101
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi I recently picked up a collection of Older double digit X-Men books up to #102 and it had this #101 in it.  I am thinking this is probably around a 3.0 but not entirely sure due to the spine split on the lower part of the book and the missing pieces.  What do you guys think?? 

PXL_20240825_144408433.MP.jpg

PXL_20240825_144333657.MP.jpg

image.jpeg

With the severe spine split/spine damage/foxing on spine and moderate staining on the rear cover.

Books are graded in their entirety and this book without the above defects would probably grade in the VG+ 4.5 to VG/FN 5.0, with the above defects I do not see this book grading higher than...

GD- 1.8 to GD 2.0

Just for Spine Splits and Staining

VG 4.0 - Moderate spine roll may be present and/or a 1" spine split. Some discoloration, fading, foxing, and even minor soiling is allowed. 

GD/VG 3.0 - May have a spine split of anywhere from 1" to 1-1/2". Discoloration, fading, foxing, and even minor to moderate soiling is allowed. 

GD 2.0 - May have up to a 2" spine split. Moderate soiling, staining, discoloration and foxing may be present.

FR/GD 1.5 - May have a spine split between 2" and 2/3 the length of the book. Soiling, staining, discoloration and foxing is generally present.