• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has the grade of this book dropped?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I bought a BRZRKR 1 per store variant graded 9.8 it was shipped and packed very carefully but upon arrival I noticed on the back of the comic it looks like the ink is smeared on the capsul. Will this effectively lower the grade if sent for recap? These smudges are definitely inside the capsul within the slab and not on the outside of the slab itself. 

IMG_9388.jpeg

IMG_9389.jpeg

I cannot see what you are describing, way to much glare.

I do not have my books graded, however, from what I have read it is possible for books to be damaged during the encapsulation process or during shipping. See Shaken Comic Syndrome.

If smudges are indeed inside the capsule, don't take a chance, submit back to them for regrading at their expense.  It's fair to expect a smudge-free interior for your slabbed comic.  Call customer service, explain the problem, and they will explain the return process to you.