• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okay, i'm getting tired of bagging & boarding these books. A little advice?
3 3

43 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2024 at 9:11 AM, lostboys said:

Is there a better option for the boards?

Does anyone finish both sides?

They are still an acid free board good for long term storage.  I just think the unfinished side looks cheap and ugly.  I also don't like that they make them thinner now.....but I don't know what would be better at this point.  I loved their old Full-Backs.

And, for some strange reason, their Half-Backs are still finished in white on both sides.  

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/4/2024 at 7:11 AM, lostboys said:

Is there a better option for the boards?

Does anyone finish both sides?

The boards are still the same on both sides (beyond color appearance).  To be honest, my books are on my shelf and I had completely forgotten that the back side was a different color until Domo brought it up.  It's really not a big deal.

On 9/4/2024 at 9:05 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Just be aware that their Full-Backs used to be 42 pt (mil) thick, and are now only 35 pt thick.  They also only finish one side in white now, and leave the other side an unfinished brown color.....sort of like a chicken fried butthole that's only been cooked on one side.

There's that speed bump you always run into in a thread that sends you into a ditch and requires 24 hours to recover from that I mentioned in another thread... this is the second one, today.