• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I cannot buy anything else than GA!
1 1

21 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2024 at 11:05 PM, 1950's war comics said:

the first comic i bought off the spinner rack with my own money was Spider-Man #102, i loved buying comics every week with my paper route money back then but even then i longed and dreamed about GA issues , a buddy of mine back then had an older brother who had some GA issues that he let me look at , Batman, Superman, and some war comics !! and they put everything i had to shame, now, thanks to eBay i can get all the back issues i want and that i can afford

I started buying around the same time as you. Avengers 93 is my first Marvel, straight from 7-11. I didn't learn about GA comics until a few years later, 1976 or so, and then bought whatever I could afford. Some highlights from the time: Batman 2, World's Finest 2, early Lou Fine Plastic Man, National Comics, Eisner Spirits, and the first Uncle Scrooge Four Colur #178, and Uncle Scrooge 1 (FC), Thun'da 1, and quite a few Williamson/Frazetta ECs and the famous "Monkey on my back" Feldstein cover (forget which comic that was, but think it was SSS. All of those are gone now, but I'm looking to get them back.