• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA: LABORING TO BUILD A STRONG THREAD! LABOR IS OVER, THIS THREAD IS CLOSED!
9 9

472 posts in this topic

Battle Cry 3
Tough War title in my experience. 

Old tape repairs upper LH FC, otherwise flat and tight enough, good gloss. Several small tears inside,
plus two long enough to get into the art. Supple cream pages, CF is tight. 
Better than a rough redear, but not by a ton, :D 

Asking $50

ZBATTLE3.jpg

Captain Marvel 17
Sensational! NEW! Says so right on the cover, lol 

Sharp copy, minor general wear, touch of soiling BC. Tight, glossy, offwhite - white pages

Asking $40

ZCAPMARV17.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Before I finish off for the evening, I need to ask some opinions, 
I have a big ol' pile of pulps pulled and set aside, but the ones I've listed so far don't seem to getting much interest.
I'll post a couple photos shortly, first of standard pulps, and then bedsheets from the late 20s/early 30s. 

Let me know if you have any interest in seeing anything else listed, otherwise I'm probably just going to stick with comics for the rest of the thread. Chime in with your thoughts or requests!

On 9/5/2024 at 10:06 AM, catrick339 said:

Before I finish off for the evening, I need to ask some opinions, 
I have a big ol' pile of pulps pulled and set aside, but the ones I've listed so far don't seem to getting much interest.
I'll post a couple photos shortly, first of standard pulps, and then bedsheets from the late 20s/early 30s. 

Let me know if you have any interest in seeing anything else listed, otherwise I'm probably just going to stick with comics for the rest of the thread. Chime in with your thoughts or requests!

Comics for me but what do i know?:cheers:

I'd like to see the Docs, Hollywood Detective, G-Men -

You may have better luck with them in the pulp section, but the threads there don't quite move so quickly as among these piranhas...

On 9/4/2024 at 11:21 AM, catrick339 said:

Complete set of the 1977 Tempo DC reprint paperbacks...with the slipcase. I've had a fair number of the pb's over the years, this is the only slipcase I've ever seen. 

Take per pm.

Danger Is Our Business! #1
Six pages of Frank Frazetta art!

And this copy is a beauty. Minor general wear with some color breaks on the spine, otherwise flat, clean, tight, glossy, white pages. 
A gem. 

$175, FIRM SOLD!

ZDANGER1.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Complete set of the 1977 Tempo DC reprint paperbacks is SOLD!

Thanks JR!

Oh, and "bedsheets" are oversize pulps usually from the 20's or early 30's, bigger than, say, a Creepy or Vampirella  
They will NOT fit into a standard magazine bag, lol 

Edited by catrick339

On 9/4/2024 at 7:13 PM, Darwination said:

I'd like to see the Docs, Hollywood Detective, G-Men -

You may have better luck with them in the pulp section, but the threads there don't quite move so quickly as among these piranhas...

Ha Ha!

in addition to the above mentioned titles, I would chime in for Planet, Golden Fleece and Weird Tales as well. I’ve been waiting for pulps…

These BA although nice just bore me.

Edited by Robot Man

Here we go, last bopk for the evening. 

Avengers 48, first Dane Whitman as the Black Knight. 

Good looking VG or so, but a half inch split upper spine, lower staple on CF is nearly pulled.  Otherwise flat and tight, decent gloss, white pages. 

Asking $100

ZAVENGERS48.jpg

On 9/4/2024 at 9:26 PM, Robot Man said:

Ha Ha!

in addition to the above mentioned titles, I would chime in for Planet, Golden Fleece and Weird Tales as well. I’ve been waiting for pulps…

Me, too!  I was pleased as punch to see em around :D

So, the consensus so far seems to be bedsheets, and anything but that dratted science fiction, lol 

Got it, but still looking for more opinions,