• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If i said “X-Men Rogue Cover by Adam Hughes” is this what you’d imagine?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I like Adam Hughes’ good girl art as much as the next guy (or gal) but for some reason I got real disappointed with this one. It looks like a composite shot, lacking any cohesion. The pose is also off and and those triangle curtain bangs look terrible.

You’ll let me know if this is in any way close to what you’d imagine in an Adam Hughes Rogue cover. 

IMG_3546.jpeg

On 9/2/2024 at 4:26 PM, William-James88 said:

I like Adam Hughes’ good girl art as much as the next guy (or gal) but for some reason I got real disappointed with this one. It looks like a composite shot, lacking any cohesion. The pose is also off and and those triangle curtain bangs look terrible.

You’ll let me know if this is in any way close to what you’d imagine in an Adam Hughes Rogue cover. 

IMG_3546.jpeg

But man, you must not be. 

image.jpg

On 9/2/2024 at 3:26 PM, William-James88 said:

IMG_3546.jpeg

I felt the same way about a Campbell, J Scott lady death notification I got, too. Not to much a fan of the character but meh

Need a Screenshot of that too lol

On 9/2/2024 at 3:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I felt the same way about a Campbell, J Scott lady death notification I got, too. Not to much a fan of the character but meh

Need a Screenshot of that too lol

I guess not everything is to be a sideshow masterpiec, and it isn't necessarily bad, but definitely looks more like a comfortably priced piece,  of which I have similar Alex Ross stuff (2nd pic).

Sometimes we just say, OK 👌 

Screenshot_20240902_154917_Facebook.jpg

3204634_Full_Rev.jpg

On 9/2/2024 at 5:36 PM, Tnexus said:

It's not the greatest, but I give him credit for trying to do something more original than a generic pose.

No doubt and I know he can draw imaginative as well, no harm in generic, just built as a non sequitur, imo. But idk the run that well ❤️‍🩹 

I said non sequitur but probably more meant a non starter other than a regular run issue, as others were it's not bad, but nice to see something if "only regular looking" that is still done in "his style.  :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM