• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poly bagged comics and included cards
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I have several comics I want to submit,  and they were originally purchased in a polybag and included a card.  Several questions below

1. Will CGC grade these without removing them from the unopened polybag ( i bought one to read and one to keep in the bag)?

2.  If they open the polybag will they put the comic AND the card in the sealed display case with the grade?

3. How do I "value" these types for a submission?

1. Yes, CGC will remove the polybag and any cards.

2. No, they will not include either in the slab (and will likely throw them away)

3. Personally I always put down max value; CGC will only reimburse you lower of their estimate or your estimate.

I would suggest removing the polybag and card prior to submission; CGC rarely returns anything "extra" included in the submission. You also need to remove the polybag as there will likely be a thin line from the bag from pressure and lower the grade unless pressed out. I would ask that you first check the price of what a 9.8 of the book you have has sold for and make an informed decision if it is worth submitting or just buying an already graded one.