• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - The Infinity Gauntlet #1
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Grabbed a lot of books at an estate sale and found this. Still going through the lot, most of it is modern. This stood out though. Want to send it in but only if it has a shot at a 9.8. Input is appreciated. Thanks!

53973788674_4d6920dea9_k.jpg

53973468201_d7a5a69336_k.jpg

Edited by Lenoxseer
delete text

>9.0. I don't predict 9.8s by photos way too much room for error. The TLC looks slightly off square. There's some kind of line through the back cover. Maybe the scanner, maybe not. If it's 9.8 or bust, prescreen or don't bother 2c

The line on the back is definitely on the book. The weird thing is all the copies of this book I have seen in person, in my area anyway, have this line on the back. TLC does have a bit of fluff to it. I might just wait till I can have Jim Starlin sign it. I try to only grade if it is for a SS. Just been thinking of branching out. They just present so well in a slab.

On 9/5/2024 at 3:26 PM, Lenoxseer said:

The line on the back is definitely on the book. The weird thing is all the copies of this book I have seen in person, in my area anyway, have this line on the back. TLC does have a bit of fluff to it. I might just wait till I can have Jim Starlin sign it. I try to only grade if it is for a SS. Just been thinking of branching out. They just present so well in a slab.

My 9.8 doesn't have that line. But I do see a few 9.8s on feebay that do have that full line across the back so... I dunno. 

It's that very small lower right fc corner crease and the cb spine ticks that keeps it from 9.8ville.

Nice find though! 

Edited by jcjames

I have a similar book, but seeing how hard it is to get that high of a grade, I'm worried about submitting my own to you guys for critic.

I have just reopened the collection of about 3000 books and I'm looking to submit them for grading.  Haven't really looked at them in 20 years.

Very nice find.