• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dover's September Sales Thread - Neal & Wrightson & Kaulta along with some Epic Illustrated.... and anything else I might need to move
2 2

31 posts in this topic

Dover Sales Thread information.

Terms of sale: First “TAKE” claims in the thread wins the item over a PM offer. If I accept the offer in a PM and reply to you, then I will do my best to note the time and comment in the thread. However, disputes are settled by me. If you risk the PM offer, then there is a chance to be beaten to the sale.

Payments: PayPal / Check / Zelle or Money Order accepted.

Shipping: Using USPS. 

Continental 48 states. First slab is $20. Additional slabs are free.

Alaska / Hawaii & Canada will be exact shipping and to be determined. Please contact me for a quote. I will not lie on the customs form.

I will not sell to any Hall of Shamers or anyone on the Probation list.

Return Policy:

On CGC books, returns not accepted.

I have over 1,100 stars on E-Bay. I have more “buys” than “sells” but overall, I understand the process, I understand packing books and I know how I want to receive a package and that will be the goal to send you a secure package as well.

I also have a sales thread in the Copper/Modern area. The shipping rules apply across both threads. 

Edited by dover

House of Mystery 236 CGC 8.5 WP > $225.0

A lesser presenting copy just sold on Ebay for $229.0. This one is perfectly centered and wrapped. 

A classic Bernie cover, skull, choking, damsel, forest, a true bronze age horror special. Neal Adams art inside. 

House of Mystery 236 CGC 8.5 WP -Kendra 4-2024.jpg

House of Mystery 236 CGC 9.2 WP > $430.0

A hot book in the bronze age horror crazed market. I am sure we have all watched in amazement as WorldWide adds raw horror on a daily basis only to have them sold in an instant. This does not have a perfect wrap, but it is very, very close.

A classic Bernie cover, skull, choking, damsel, forest, a true bronze age horror special. Neal Adams art inside. 

House of Mystery 236 CGC 9.2 WP -Kendra 4-2024.jpg

the Witching Hour 39 CGC 9.4 OW-WP > $150.0

I just cannot figure out how this guy can talk without a face. But it does have a great Witch image centered and lit which makes this Witch a bit more special.

Witching Hour 39 CGC 9.4 OW-WP -mine from Kendra.jpg

World's Finest Comics 176 CGC 8.5 OW-WP > $125.0

I just upgraded my copy so you can have this clunker.... This is early in Neal's DC career. He did the cover and interior art. Sweet red cover with Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Batgirl on a double date. 

World's Finest Comics 176 CGC 8.5 OWW.JPG

Weird Tales of the Macabre 1 CGC 9.8 WP > $375.0

From 1975, Jeff Jones kills the cover with eerie hues and shades. I rate him in the top 3 thru the bronze age horror genre even with his more limited work in comics than Neal and Berni(e) and at other times I feel he clearly is just beyond comic books as a place to present his work. 

Weird Tales of the Macabre 1 CGC 9.8 OWWP -Kendra press.jpg

On 9/5/2024 at 7:30 PM, dover said:

Epic Illustrated 29 CGC 9.8 OW-WP > $250.0

Wow, a spectacular cover, sweet in so many ways. Taillights and tail in one. 

1st appearance of Sheeva. Last Galactus. Just an awesome midlife crisis for the nerd in me. 

Epic Illustrated 29 CGC 9.8 OW-WP -Kendra press.jpg

High erotica!

Epic Illustrated 26 CGC 9.6 OW-WP > $225.0

The beginning of The Last Galactus story by Byrne and Terry Austin. But wait, there is more.... Bill Seinkiewicz, Dave Sim, and Kaluta make this a must have. 

You know the movie is coming and this will like quadruple in price but I can offer it now for cheap.  yada-yada-yada. Only because I have another copy. 

Epic Illustrated 26 CGC 9.6 OW-WP -Kendra press.jpg

Epic Illustrated 30 CGC 9.6 OW-WP > $135.0

Berni Wrightson painted cover masterpiece.

Galactus, Cerebus, Vess, Austin, just another epic issue. 

Epic Illustrated 30 CGC 9.6 OWWP -Kendra press.jpg