• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adding paper on cutted corner
1 1

22 posts in this topic

Do you have the missing piece? Or no? 

You could have someone do leaf casting,  but I'm not sure it would be worth it. It would look unnatural.

What is your concern with the corner missing?  

On 9/6/2024 at 1:22 PM, KCOComics said:

You could have someone do leaf casting,  but I'm not sure it would be worth it. It would look unnatural.

It's affecting several pages... so my idea was to use paper from any other random comics from the same age to replace the corners.

An idea of how much they could ask for "leaf casting operation"? 

So - to answer the question, it can be done.  And if you get the rest of the pages from a similar book with similar aging and tanning it might look OK. 

But cost is the question. I believe they would have to disassemble the book and do this to multiple pages. It feels pretty expensive. 

Also - I can't imagine a scenario where this would improve the value of the book. So you would be spending alot and not getting an ROI. 

On 9/6/2024 at 7:22 AM, KCOComics said:

Bad leaf casting maybe, but properly done you wouldn't ever notice unless you were really looking for it.

Myers_IMG_6662.jpg.f675cfdf828990a58b80c165d0762f61.jpg

On 9/6/2024 at 3:51 PM, KCOComics said:

So - to answer the question, it can be done.  And if you get the rest of the pages from a similar book with similar aging and tanning it might look OK. 

But cost is the question. I believe they would have to disassemble the book and do this to multiple pages. It feels pretty expensive. 

Also - I can't imagine a scenario where this would improve the value of the book. So you would be spending alot and not getting an ROI. 

We re not here for money pal, we re here for save our Graail!

On 9/6/2024 at 10:51 AM, Coverdeath said:

We re not here for money pal, we re here for save our Graail!

OK - I get it. 

I always recommend working with Kenny Sanderson. He did some leaf casting work for me and he is fantastic.

@Sauce Dog who did that work? 

On 9/6/2024 at 4:57 PM, KCOComics said:

OK - I get it. 

I always recommend working with Kenny Sanderson. He did some leaf casting work for me and he is fantastic.

@Sauce Dog who did that work? 

It's the man that everyone recommended to me on FB so I guess there is no hesitation to have on who is the best.

On 9/6/2024 at 10:59 AM, Coverdeath said:

It's the man that everyone recommended to me on FB so I guess there is no hesitation to have on who is the best.

He is the best. 

Incredible work and really nice person. 

He's also not currently in jail for stealing people's comics... so that is a plus.  

Not me! (I can't do leaf casting yet, though will start with minor spot-casting soon using a non-suction table technique). But seriously, you will be banned from the boards if you mention the name of who did it. No joke.

Here is the full video of the work in progress this other pro was doing - it's very hypnotic

https://imgur.com/a/qs4J8Io

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 9/6/2024 at 5:26 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Not me! (I can't do leaf casting yet, though will start with minor spot-casting soon using a non-suction table technique). But seriously, you will be banned from the boards if you mention the name of who did it. No joke.

Here is the full video of the work in progress this other pro was doing - it's very hypnotic

https://imgur.com/a/qs4J8Io

What the hell is that!? 

It look so simple...

are these stuff expensive?

On 9/6/2024 at 3:32 PM, dick pontoon said:

So it's not really a procedure for the OP's JLA #1 he's been posting in the G/S/B For Sale Forum?

not in my opinion.

On 9/6/2024 at 11:32 PM, dick pontoon said:

So it's not really a procedure for the OP's JLA #1 he's been posting in the G/S/B For Sale Forum?

It is... I consider the option to restore it and keep it for me. 

The book is in really low grade and I'm afraid that I will not get so much benefits in the process of selling it and buy then a coverless... especially considering my ocds it will be hard to find a satisfying copy :frown: 

To be totally honnest I found and bought a coverless copy just 2 weeks ago and received it yesterday... its the first time in 2 years of purchases trough ebay that I been scammed the books was described as having nice pages, a clean copy... reality is: water damage... tears on many pages which have been glued, big fold on splash page... the book will be returned as soon as possible... I will never bought again to a seller with hundreds of negative feedbacks, I was not really smart this time. :facepalm:

Edited by Coverdeath

On 9/6/2024 at 11:58 PM, Coverdeath said:

It is... I consider the option to restore it and keep it for me. 

The book is in really low grade and I'm afraid that I will not get so much benefits in the process of selling it and buy then a coverless... especially considering my ocds it will be hard to find a satisfying copy :frown: 

To be totally honnest I found and bought a coverless copy just 2 weeks ago and received it yesterday... its the first time in 2 years of purchases trough ebay that I been scammed the books was described as having nice pages, a clean copy... reality is: water damage... tears on many pages which have been glued, big fold on splash page... the book will be returned as soon as possible... I will never bought again to a seller with hundreds of negative feedbacks, I was not really smart this time. :facepalm:

leaf casting a number of pages will likely cost you thousands. spend $2000 on a nicer copy and sell this one if you are determined to spend that much money

On 9/8/2024 at 8:00 PM, Artboy99 said:

leaf casting a number of pages will likely cost you thousands. spend $2000 on a nicer copy and sell this one if you are determined to spend that much money

Wtf? I heard about 200 everywhere, would you tell me that is the price per page? Just for stupid inch of corner with nothing printed on? :ohnoez: