• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ChiSoxFan's Slow-Moving Silver and Bronze Sale -- Brave and the Bold #54 and much more! 25% off everything listed Pages 1-20! 20% off Pages #21-30! Recap Page 1
3 3

790 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2024 at 4:54 PM, universal soldier said:

Both color Sox have been horrid this year and it's been really bad for the Red ones for a few years running. The only way to even watch games is to pay for NESN @ $30 a month which is :roflmao:or go out to watch a game a local watering hole. Many of the same issues and ownership that doesn't want to spend. Recipe for last place...

My dad is a life-long Red Sox fan. :cry:

The Sox are trailing -- can they come back and avoid the record-setting loss?  If they can and win, then there will be an extra 12% discount again on everything (except the Brave and the Bold #54)!

If the Sox lose and set the record, I'll do something a little less festive -- we'll go with an extra 5% discount on everything listed (except for the Brave and the Bold #54).

In addition, everything on Pages 28-30 is now 20% off as well.  Go Sox!

On 9/27/2024 at 7:20 PM, JollyComics said:

I think you are Carlton Fisk fan.  He was traded to White Sox so you probably stick with that team ever since.  Am I correct?

My dad loved Fisk, and I appreciated him when he came to Chicago.  Before he ever arrived, though, I grew up watching Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall broadcasting White Sox games on local Channel 44 (before Reinsdorf moved them to a pay service).  Fisk was part of the 1983 team that added a lot of veterans, won a division title, and had some of the gaudiest uniforms baseball has ever seen, lol.

On 9/27/2024 at 7:24 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

My dad loved Fisk, and I appreciated him when he came to Chicago.  Before he ever arrived, though, I grew up watching Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall broadcasting White Sox games on local Channel 44 (before Reinsdorf moved them to a pay service).  Fisk was part of the 1983 team that added a lot of veterans, won a division title, and had some of the gaudiest uniforms baseball has ever seen, lol.

Yes, I remembered that peculiar uniforms.  I already missed Bill Veeck and old Comiskey Park.

White Sox is losing closer to the new record.

Edited by JollyComics

On 9/27/2024 at 8:07 PM, JollyComics said:

The White Sox is officially the biggest loser in MLB history.

And with their 121st loss, the saga of the 2024 Sox -- much like this sales thread -- is coming to a close.

The recap has been updated.  The bonus discount (for now) is an additional 5% off of the posted discounts (with the exception of the Brave and the Bold #54, because that's already at a price someone should have bought it at already :baiting:).

The thread will stay open through tomorrow -- there's a possibility I may still have a surprise or two somewhere, so please keep checking out what's still available.  Invoices will start going out either Sunday, or the start of the week, depending on how my health is looking.  Thanks to everyone for the purchases, thanks to everyone who stopped by to look, and thanks to everyone for their patience with me, as this thread took longer than my usual ones have in the past.  I appreciate all of you. :foryou:

On 9/27/2024 at 9:09 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

And with their 121st loss, the saga of the 2024 Sox -- much like this sales thread -- is coming to a close.

The recap has been updated.  The bonus discount (for now) is an additional 5% off of the posted discounts (with the exception of the Brave and the Bold #54, because that's already at a price someone should have bought it at already :baiting:).

The thread will stay open through tomorrow -- there's a possibility I may still have a surprise or two somewhere, so please keep checking out what's still available.  Invoices will start going out either Sunday, or the start of the week, depending on how my health is looking.  Thanks to everyone for the purchases, thanks to everyone who stopped by to look, and thanks to everyone for their patience with me, as this thread took longer than my usual ones have in the past.  I appreciate all of you. :foryou:

At least, it was fun despite Francie!

Edited by JollyComics

On 9/27/2024 at 8:24 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

This is from 2007 when we had our corporate  meeting at Fenway. Super improtant to me to touch the pole from the infamous homerun.  One of my earliest memories from this time frame was this event. My parents sent me to bed  before the end of game but I planted myself in front of the game to watch it with the volme turned way low.

fenway4.jpg.d30e8ba24616578c94f339f9a492bf47.jpg

fenway4.jpg

Marvel Super-Heroes #14 -- VF -- 8.0 -- $65
Marvel Team-Up #55 -- VF/NM -- 9.0 -- $20
Amazing Adventures #17 -- F/VF -- 7.0 -- $25

Warlock #1 -- F/VF -- 7.0 -- $42
Avengers #133 -- F -- 6.0 -- $9
Avengers #134 -- VG/F -- 5.0 -- $9
Avengers #139 -- VG+ -- 4.5 -- $6
Avengers #154 -- F/VF -- 7.0 -- $7
Avengers #155 -- VF- -- 7.5 -- $8
Avengers #174 -- F/VF -- 7.0 -- $6