• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original art by a child

5 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been asked, and I am not sure what to even search for.

My daughter enjoys art. If I were to have her do a sketch on some blank cover, would CGC/JSA authenticate my 15 year old daughter's sketch and signature?

Edited by Jkoe

she needs to register as a creator, there is a form to download and sign. Then when you submit the submission form is filled out stating she is the creator and the book will get the yellow signature label

**I recommend reaching out to CGC directly and inquire, as it has been a few years since I have done this. Here is one of mine:

20191025_175152_thumb_jpg_ad542d2caf0795c7984b1410f628bf74.jpg

20191025_175255_thumb_jpg_ccd7cabc19f25c8480692af80cdbbcd2.jpg

20191025_175329_thumb_jpg_6103c1afc8393cf564d4d661fe18d032.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

Do you go to conventions/together? Have her come with you at a CGC convention and she drops it off for you. For paperwork you would need to request CGC to add to the signature series list her name that way when you fill out a form for a convention it is in the system. Make sure she passes the book to the facilitator or the CGC witness. 

Edited by cgcsketcherz

before making any more plans I would 100% confirm all of this with CGC beforehand (filling out forms, getting to a convention, paying fees, etc).  The process generally sounds right that others have described, but if your child is a minor there might be other steps or it might not even be allowed, or it might even depend on jurisdiction.