• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do I post for questions about playboy magazines
2 2

6 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hi

Are you looking for information about Playboy magazines, or are you looking to purchase them.  If you are looking for info, you can ask in this forum.  

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/93-newbie-comic-collecting-questions/

If you are looking to have a Want To Buy thread, you will have to wait until you reach 50 posts.  After that, the WTB forum will be visible to you.

I hope this helps,

Mike

• Administrator
On 9/10/2024 at 12:47 PM, Lostluv2606 said:

Thanks Mike. I was just wondering where I would post questions. I have a collection I need to upload. Not looking to buy. Just wondering if getting them graded is needed. 

I am going to move this thread to a section that will be viewed by a lot of collectors.  You can ask questions there.  This section (Chat board questions and issues) gets very few views.

If you want to place them in the registry they will need to be graded by CGC under the magazine submission form.

If you are just collecting you don't need to do anything more.

I would warn that you really need to take the time to research how much it will cost to grade these magazines and how much they sell for. It can be difficult to sell them to buyers and the return is often not worth the investment (outside of #1 and maybe a very small handful of very high grade issues). Here is a helpful link from years back but the advice is sound: LINK

Also, very generally, there is a 'magazine' subforum here on the CGC boards (dig just a bit you'll find it easily).  You can ask questions there as well, post questions or pictures (make sure you follow the rules about content), start discussions.  There is no specific place or need to 'upload your collection' with respect to CGC or the CGC boards, unless you have had them graded.

As for 'worth it', it is subjective and different for everyone.  Everyone has different financial situations, collection preferences, grading standards, risk aversions, grading skills, timetables, experience, and other goals. Additionally, geography can be a huge issue of time/cost if you are not located in the US.  In the event that you want help deciding what to grade, you should lay out what your collection consists of and what your goals are, and ask pretty specific questions, and also to be prepared to do a bit of research on your own.