• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 238 has insert but no tattooz bought off the rack by original owner
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, this ones been bugging me enough to have it be the topic of my first post. A few years ago I had the good fortune of purchasing a large collection from an older original owner who bought doubles and sometimes triples of mostly Marvel books from the late 70's to mid 90's and really only thumbed through one copy and bagged boarded the rest.. I had two 328's...one color faded a bit and the other was near perfect. I sent both to CGC and the faded one came back 8.0 the other I had JRJR sign and was shocked to see it come back 9.6 Green label. I have pics of the insert in place but CGC says the actual Tatooz are missing? I know this guy didn't mess with the book, and certainly didn't remove the tats and leave the insert. I was motivated to write about this because I just saw on Ebay where someone has listed a 3x Tatooz "error" book and am thinking if there can be 2 extra error and get a yellow label, then why can't there be a "missing Tatooz" error and still be a yellow label? Unless my tattoos "went missing" when it went in for grading im having a hard time reconciling this one?

Curious to hear if anyone else has had this happen?