• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee Lied - Your Handy Guide to Every Lie in the 'Origins of Marvel Comics'
9 9

486 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2024 at 2:31 PM, KCOComics said:

Stan Lee and we shouldn't believe he alone created the Marvel Universe,  don't we know that. Haven't we known that for 30 years? 

!00% agree.

It's overkill and just hammering a point home over and over and over again.

How much hate is enough?

How many times can you say 'I told you so' before no-one cares anymore?

On 9/20/2024 at 2:32 PM, lostboys said:

Yeah, maybe as long as they don't read this thread.

The author should stop ranting and raving here and let the book speak for itself.

Absolutely correct. It just screams of bias.

If you didn't know anything about the subject matter but wanted to learn about it and buy the book, and someone pointed you to this forum and thread, and then you read some of the comments made by the author, you could not come to any other conclusion than that the author has a personal agenda.

Did he perhaps at one time send a story idea in to Stan Lee and get rejected? Did Stan then use the idea himself? 

You are going to draw your own conclusions.

I have NEVER before seen a book promoted in this manner. It's truly mind blowing to be truthful.

Edited by Paul © ® ⚽️💙™

On 9/20/2024 at 9:40 AM, Paul © ® 💙™ said:

!00% agree.

How much hate is enough?

And throughout this entire barb-fest, I believe I've yet to see mention of Jack claiming creation of Captain America over Joe Siimon, even though the character designs, BY Joe, still exist to this day. Also, no mention of how Jack rehashed his OWN ideas, as he was punted from company to company. Also, no mention of the interviews where Lee and Kirby each separately claim that they got the inspiration of what to produce, based on what was selling best at the theater at the moment. Lo, cometh the Big Monsters, for example. Jack is on record stating his love for Harryhausen. But why muddy the waters with all that inconvenient truth, when, after all, we all agree that Stan got the meat, and Jack got the bone? On the other hand, Jack at 50 bucks per page, was HIGHLY compensated for the day. Jack would have been best served by dumping Marvel and going straight to Hannah Barbera, instead of trying to jam the FF, Thor, and the X-Men all into this unwieldy thing called the Fourth World. I AM glad the estate received the settlement, for there is rarely justice in THIS world. Carry on :foryou: GOD BLESS ...

-jmbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I do believe, however, that Stan led Jack to believe that his position with Marvel was on much more solid footing than it actually was ... shame, shame.

Edited by jimjum12

On 9/19/2024 at 11:28 PM, mrc said:

I wish people would stop saying this. Literally no one believes Stan 'came up with everything.' It's just lazy rhetoric.

Knowing and PROVING are different things...issue by issue, detective work....this is not an easy thing....it is Lazy Rhetoric to assume anyone knows anything.

Especially the masses, the non collectors...yet this book goes out against the tide and you want to stop the truth...Nobody has done anything close to this....

You can stop thinking it, but I say fellow collectors owe SM...from the knockout title, to the gut punch interior ...a big thank you !

Edited by Mmehdy

On 9/20/2024 at 6:40 AM, Paul © ® 💙™ said:

!00% agree.

How much hate is enough?

just the opposite in the "real world"....this book is written NOT just for the  long time comic book  collectors ....it is an educational piece accessible for  the every person that cares and today in 2024 Marvel has an amazing cultural impact...1.3 Billion on the last Marvel Deadpool movie alone. There needs to be a * maybe even two** when it says Stan created anything......

I still care because I want to know more...I want detailed proof....proper info...nobody has done what SM has done in 300 plus pages of research.....I done with the BS...the hype...I want the real deal!

You, the public, and fellow collectors deserve to know the fact/ statement backed TRUTH...which will give us an opportunity to make a intelligent understanding about one of the top two events in comic book history which today is  alive mainstream in pop culture worldwide!

Edited by Mmehdy

Mitch.

People already know Kirby was a legend. People already know Ditko was a legend. People already know that Stan was a showman, an arguably undeserving recipient of credit for Spidey and other household name characters....people already know it...which is why the whole thing is overkill, and comes across as one ginormous rantrant.

Locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.

You yourself knew what you knew after all. You did, did you not write a favourable review for the book on Amazon before you even read it?  :foryou: