• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

That is a beautiful commission and very well done! Congrats! Who did it?

Here is where the original is at:

http://www.comicgoose.com/kyopo/artwork/show/38/vampirella-10-cover

The artist is Scott Rockwell. He's extremely talented. He's done a lot of colouring work in comics for 20 years that I know about and I've bought about 20 paintings from him in the last 3-4 years. He's also 'Tangura' on eBay.

Thanks for the link to the original!

I just picked up this cover. As some of you know, my general collecting interest is getting every major Marvel and DC hero on either a cover or splash. This takes care of my Captain America. I don't have it in hand yet but I expect it soon.

captainamerica292.jpg[/img]

I just picked up this cover. As some of you know, my general collecting interest is getting every major Marvel and DC hero on either a cover or splash. This takes care of my Captain America. I don't have it in hand yet but I expect it soon.

captainamerica292.jpg

Nice cover! It was you that got the Flash vs. Mirror Master cover a little while ago right?

captainamerica292.jpg

Nice cover! It was you that got the Flash vs. Mirror Master cover a little while ago right?

Yes, that was me. Two big scores so far this year (plus a few splashes). One more pickup to go I hope. :wishluck:

A little something from Guy Davis :cloud9:

Well done, Mike! I know you were looking forward to this one.

Cheers,

Simon

Thanks, Simon.

Yep, I've been waiting for this one for a little bit, but no complaints since Guy's commission list is officially closed. I'm just happy he accepted the request :applause:

Just finally took some pictures of some of the art I've picked up this month. Random assortment but I'm happy with it :cloud9:

ArchieStrip.jpg

Archie Strip by Dan DeCarlo. I don't read Archie often but I wanted something with Archie and Jughead.

PeterParkerSpider-Man54p4.jpgPeterParkerSpider-Man54p5.jpg

Couple Peter Parker: Spider-Man pages. I really just bought these because the seller was combining shipping and I wanted so bad to own anything from a Spider-title. Peter running into the door makes me chuckle.

UltimateSpider-Man64p6.jpgUltimateSpider-Man64p8.jpg

Not too long after the Peter Parker Pages I found these and was truly a happy dude. My goal since I got bit by the bug was to have a Mark Bagley Spider-Man page. So I bought 2!

Darkhawk33p8.jpg

Damn right I bought a Darkhawk page. I nearly peed myself when I found this. Darkhawk 1 was one of the first books I ever read and I have a soft spot in my heart for this character. I think it's about the best page I could hope for from the series....nice flying panel, transformation and some teen angst to boot.

Invincible61p18.jpgInvincible64p1.jpg

I already posted these but here are some better pictures. I did have to play with the contrast and brightness a bit as the pencils didn't show up that well. Man I love that splash

I'm really not that much of an art collector but had these opportunities and was happy to take them. Some were random, some were very much wanted. I dig em (thumbs u

Not exactly comic art... but I had no other place to showcase the latest commission I purchased. Dig that vampire!

Nosferatu_painting.jpg

Holy smokes! Does it actually look like it's glowing in person?

The subject matter isn't my cup of tea, but I love the art itself! I remember going to the Philbrook Museum in Tulsa for a showing of predominately French artists and there was one of a moonlit setting that I would swear had a light behind the moon. This reminds me of that and that's some high praise!

Two shots of our Charles Willson SOL commission. In person, it is magnificently rendered. His shadow work pops out and I'm stunned at what can be done with a pencil. I'll post again when we get it framed and behind museum glass.

DSC000512.jpg

closer

DSC000532.jpg

Dan