• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

Thanks, guys! Yes, it was my birthday gift to myself - good thing it became available, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten myself anything! :grin:

Got a nice sketch by Dean Trippe while standing in line at Comic Toons N Toys' Free Comic Book Day event. Great store and really nice and talented artist.

97650.jpg.382a1ff990a4f1159bef0fbe64d5781d.jpg

I picked this up from Anthony Castrillo this morning. A great recreation of the cover of Mystery In Space 66:

mystery_in_space_66_castrillo_sm.jpg

And here's the original Infantino cover for comparison:

mystery_in_space_66_sm.jpg

Very nice page.

The use of photo-copied text glued onto the page is an interesting idea for my own recreations. With some work in a paint program the text boxes could be cleaned up well enough that the print out would look real clean. Might try that on the next piece I do to see the result.

I picked this up from Anthony Castrillo this morning. A great recreation of the cover of Mystery In Space 66:

mystery_in_space_66_castrillo_sm.jpg

And here's the original Infantino cover for comparison:

mystery_in_space_66_sm.jpg

That's awesome