• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

I'm new to this forum, and new to original art, but not to the Heroes Con. This was my first year that I got to attend all three days, and it was a blast. I killed my feet and broke my wallet, but I had loads of fun!! Here's my haul.

I bought one page while I was there. Green Lantern #178 page 7. I love the samurai armor construct.

GL178.jpg

On to the convention sketches

Captain Marvel by Shane Davis

Shazam.jpg

Shadowhawk By GW Fisher

Fisher4.jpg

Green Lantern by Adam Hughes

HughesGL.jpg

Arisia by Allison Sohn

Arisa.jpg

L'il Frankie Castle by Gene Gonzales

Punisher1.jpg

Edited by SC in SC

The Punisher by Ethan Van Sciver

vansciver.jpg

Lone Wol and Cub by Buzz

lonewolf.jpg

Captain America by Cat Staggs

CatStaggs.jpg

Green Lantern by Cully Hamner

HamnerGL.jpg

Green Lantern Jam featuring art by Jeff Johnson, GW Fisher, Brett Pinson, Jason Metcalf, Sanford Green, Shane Davis, Irwin Hasen, Rodney Ramos, Darwyn Cooke, Cully Hamner, Joe Staton, and Neal Adams

GLjam.jpg

I won this after a fierce bidding war at the annual Heroes Art Auction

Captain America/Red Skull: Bitter Enemies by Mark McHaley

CapHeroesCon2sharp.jpg

Edited by SC in SC

This just arrived today and I dropped it off at the framers.

I collect parachute cover comic books, so i thought this would fit in and look nice on the wall.

This is the original art to a Warner/Witman Looney Tunes frame tray puzzle from 1974. Artist is unknown. Seems to be painted on this stiff board.

If anyone has any other info on a piece like this, or happen to know where I can find the actual puzzle, please let me know. I cant even find a picture of this puzzle :(

Looney-Tunes-Frame-Tray-Puzzle.jpgLooney-Tunes-Frame-Tray-Puzzle-Back.jpg

New Art Day for me! I have wanted a "real" Infantino Elongated Man piece to go with my Adam Strange and The Silver Age Flash sketches. I haven't see many, if any, of the pages from the backup Elongated Man stories in Detective, but Mike Burkey did have this on his site recently.

As soon as I saw it, I laid claim and now it's in my hands.

Justice League of America #200 P37, a one page battle scene of the Flash racing uphill against the Elongated Man - 11x17.

If I can find a reasonably priced Infantino Batman, I think I'll frame the four of them together.

Anyway, check it out here and leave a comment.

There's some interesting "warm-up" inking on the back which I show in the Additional Images section of the CAF page.

For the link impaired, here's the picture:

Infantino,%20Carmine%20-%20Justice%20League%20of%20America%20200%20Page%2037%20-%20Flash%20and%20Elongated%20Man.jpg

Your link is to your CAF page; not to the image itself.

You need to:

1) Right click on the image in your CAF page

2) Choose "Copy Image URL"

3) Paste that between the two HTML commands

Voila!

Longshot%20(Rick%20Leonardi).jpg