• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

I got the chance to meet Kevin Eastman at the new Orleans Comic-con last weekend. I walked up and asked if he had any art pages with him and he handed me his book. Thanks to Andy Kuhn for letting me use his table so I didnt hold up the line. Kevin had some really nice pages but I was really blown away bythe prices. I asked about this page and he said it was a variant cover for the new Turtles title "Secret history of the Foot Clan" I havent seen the whole cover published yet but the cover to issue #1 Hastings variant has a part of the pencils on it. Either way I really like this cover.

Eastman.jpg

here is a link to my entire haul from the show

New Orleans 2012

Lots of new stuff coming, but got this piece in a few days ago and thought it appeals to lots of fans, enjoy:

wrightsonghostbusters.jpg

It's a Bernie Wrightson concept art piece for Ghostbusters.

Edited by Jerry S

I got the chance to meet Kevin Eastman at the new Orleans Comic-con last weekend. I walked up and asked if he had any art pages with him and he handed me his book. Thanks to Andy Kuhn for letting me use his table so I didnt hold up the line. Kevin had some really nice pages but I was really blown away bythe prices. I asked about this page and he said it was a variant cover for the new Turtles title "Secret history of the Foot Clan" I havent seen the whole cover published yet but the cover to issue #1 Hastings variant has a part of the pencils on it. Either way I really like this cover.

Eastman.jpg

here is a link to my entire haul from the show

New Orleans 2012

Really nice cover! The details on the turtles is stunning. (worship)

My first post:

So... set up a comission with Mike Choi several months ago. I got this absolute GEM in the mail on Monday, might be my favorite Lady Blackhawk image ever. Just really, really, pleased. Definitely getting framed and put on my comicartfans featured gallery.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=955842&GSub=28697

best,

Brian Tidwell

:hi:

Brian

About time you joined the boards. :golfclap:

Got to see my bday presents today... some pages from Badger. The pages from Hexbreaker are the first ones that I own where I get a wierd feeling looking at them, just feels bizarre to actually hold them. Loved that book so much as a kid that I had to buy a second copy after re-reading the first one quite a few times. Bill was super easy to deal with and even sent me an unexpected print (thumbs u , can't sing his praises enough. Badger fans are probably a dying breed now...

It's a shame that there were only a handful of pages left to choose from. I haven't seen any from Hexbreaker pop up in the usual places recently.

Added an ebay pickup (approx 2 weeks ago) from The Crow - City of Angels at the bottom.

Bill Reinhold

BADGER #30 p.18

"Grand Master Pt. I" 1987

GN Hexbreaker 1988 p.10 & p.12

Dean Ormston

The Crow - City of Angels #1 p.18

7bfdn.jpg

y0sX2.jpg

B39lr.jpg

yQJJj.jpg

Hi! I'm new to these forums. I finally started collecting comic art about a year ago. I also just joined CAF and added my artwork here: My CAF Gallery

I mostly collect OA by newer artists, but I'd love to get some early Andy Kubert. Since my "Grail" has been bought up in it's entirety by another CAF memeber, I am slowly building my own Grail with a theme: The Batman Family (specifically Damian Wayne and his mother). Not to be confused with the Bat Family like Nightwing etc. Below are a few examples of what I own so far. More to come:

OABR0.jpg

OABRdamian.jpg

IMAG0392.jpg

Edited by Danimal

Lots of new stuff coming, but got this piece in a few days ago and thought it appeals to lots of fans, enjoy:

wrightsonghostbusters.jpg

that's lovely :)

Wow - that's a great piece! I dont think the special effects were up to snuff at the time to adequately depict a scene like that on film!

Got to see my bday presents today... some pages from Badger. The pages from Hexbreaker are the first ones that I own where I get a wierd feeling looking at them, just feels bizarre to actually hold them. Loved that book so much as a kid that I had to buy a second copy after re-reading the first one quite a few times. Bill was super easy to deal with and even sent me an unexpected print (thumbs u , can't sing his praises enough. Badger fans are probably a dying breed now...

It's a shame that there were only a handful of pages left to choose from. I haven't seen any from Hexbreaker pop up in the usual places recently.

Added an ebay pickup (approx 2 weeks ago) from The Crow - City of Angels at the bottom.

Bill Reinhold

BADGER #30 p.18

"Grand Master Pt. I" 1987

GN Hexbreaker 1988 p.10 & p.12

Dean Ormston

The Crow - City of Angels #1 p.18

7bfdn.jpg

y0sX2.jpg

B39lr.jpg

yQJJj.jpg

:golfclap:

NICE stuff bud!

It's been a busy week for my collection. Thanks to Garf for reminding me how great The Sixth Gun is..

Here are a few treats I bought myself :)

thesixthgunissue01page0.jpg

thesixthgunissue12cover.jpg

thesixthgunissue12page2.jpg

thesixthgunissue3coverb.jpg

thesixthgunissue08page0.jpg

thesixthgunissue15page1.jpg

I'm also going to take this time to shamelessly promote a charity auction I am running, over at Reddit.com where I am GIVING AWAY an original piece of Walking Dead artwork!

http://www.reddit.com/r/TrueWalkingDead/comments/14m0j4/walking_dead_original_art_holiday_contestgiveaway/

- Jerry

Edited by Jerry S

Badger fan here! Congrats on the pages!

that's lovely :)

Wow - that's a great piece! I dont think the special effects were up to snuff at the time to adequately depict a scene like that on film!

Couldn't agree more - I think, from the mood of the piece, Wrightson thought this would be sci-fi/horror flick. Every single piece he did for the movie is macabre - perhaps its just his style, but perhaps the movie was originally intended to be much darker? This is why I LOVE OA :)