• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Reholder Turnaround Time Not Accurate
2 2

8 posts in this topic

I have to wonder why bother posting current turnaround times if they are not accurate and possible manipulated for other reasons. After 2 conversations with CGC representatives who say it is shipping soon as it is in "imaging" even though I am 4 days over the posted average for combined services of reholder/imaging. Also why does it take at least 3 days so far to image a book. Hire more people if you get bottled up in scanning which is unfathomable to me. Makes me not want to bother with that service ever again. (Normally don't but wanted a really clear scan for this one) Book receipt date is 8/7 and been stuck in grading/quality control on my submission tracking for 3 weeks. Wake up CGC

The TATs are estimates and averages, and frequently "your mileage may vary". Things may be flowing quite a bit slower these days, as CGC works its way through the bent inner well problem.

It cuts both ways. There was a time that the TAT for Modern was 25 days and CGC was turning my 25-comic submissions in 9-12 days, quicker than Fast Track.

In similar news...my USPS package came 3 days late the other day. 

You send stuff in. It gets back eventually. I can think of no reason on earth that a submission must come RIGHT NOW. But a comic collector will think of one.

On 9/13/2024 at 11:24 PM, Collect Stuff said:

Screenshot_20240913_232209_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2e9dec3085295e83f09a063e5d85bc60.jpg

Thanks, but I already realized that. The post was more of a consumer gripe about for fee services rendered. Customer satisfaction should be a thing. If you look around there are many threads about their delays and even worse, damage to books. Accountability is the only thing that ensures product quality which includes timeliness.Screenshot_20240914_024337_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a28fd5f22dd53c5ccc4ab78b798b07a7.jpg

You're in the heart of Con season also. San Diego a month and a half ago would definitely push times slower as well for a while, on top of any other events and conventions since then. The best times to submit are towards the beginning and end of the year I find when con season is just starting or about over. I think CGC does their best to maintain times, but they definitely spill over the estimates every so often. The best thing to do is just be patient, as tough as that can be sometimes waiting for your treasures/grails to come home.

On 9/13/2024 at 3:47 PM, The Man Without Beer said:

I have to wonder why bother posting current turnaround times if they are not accurate and possible manipulated for other reasons. After 2 conversations with CGC representatives who say it is shipping soon as it is in "imaging" even though I am 4 days over the posted average for combined services of reholder/imaging. Also why does it take at least 3 days so far to image a book. Hire more people if you get bottled up in scanning which is unfathomable to me. Makes me not want to bother with that service ever again. (Normally don't but wanted a really clear scan for this one) Book receipt date is 8/7 and been stuck in grading/quality control on my submission tracking for 3 weeks. Wake up CGC

Just in case you haven't seen it, there's a lengthy thread in Comics General detailing turn-around times during any given period: