• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not labeling the box
1 1

7 posts in this topic

So I sent off a book to be signed by Bryan Hitch.  However, I forgot to label the outside of the box with the GM initials required for the signing. The deadline is October 4th. Am I going to be out of luck with getting my book signed or have others done the same thing and still gotten their books signed? Im hoping it will arrive early enough to be opened and processed and moved to the correct pile of books for the signing. 

On 9/13/2024 at 5:07 PM, AceHazard said:

So I sent off a book to be signed by Bryan Hitch.  However, I forgot to label the outside of the box with the GM initials required for the signing. The deadline is October 4th. Am I going to be out of luck with getting my book signed or have others done the same thing and still gotten their books signed? Im hoping it will arrive early enough to be opened and processed and moved to the correct pile of books for the signing. 

I always forget to put the initials on the box. Has never been an issue. 

On 9/13/2024 at 5:55 PM, Ryan. said:

I always forget to put the initials on the box. Has never been an issue. 

That’s good to hear. I think it would be more of an issue the closer to the deadline it gets. My package should be there two weeks before the deadline so hopefully that will be enough time to get it processed and where it needs to be. 

On 9/13/2024 at 7:23 PM, AceHazard said:

That’s good to hear. I think it would be more of an issue the closer to the deadline it gets. My package should be there two weeks before the deadline so hopefully that will be enough time to get it processed and where it needs to be. 

I typically have just given the Sig Series Team a heads up and have had no issue either. 

This is one area where CGC CS is surprisingly on the ball and helpful.

Give CS a call in the morning with your tracking info and order number, they will flag it in receiving and it will go to the SS team for the correct signing. I have done this a couple times when the deadline is under two weeks away and I forget to initial the outside box. You are far enough out that it should be opened and processed correcting anyway, but you can never be too safe.

I would also add that in general a company wants your money.  So if you want to give them your money and have somehow made a mistake in the process, you should call the company customer service ASAP so they can help you give them your money.  It won't always work depending on the issue, but should usually be your first move, even before crowdsourcing possibly outdated, misinformed, conflicting, or plain wrong advice from random internet strangers.