• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED - I'm a scammer without even realizing it
3 3

13 posts in this topic

Was the bottom right of the front cover trimmed?

On 9/14/2024 at 8:22 AM, Coverdeath said:

there is also a missing piece on the front right top corner, inside is good except that the pages 9 to 18 have the corners cutted,  not affecting panels.

The front cover photo you shared here upon purchase is shown below.

• How did the irregularly shaped missing piece at the top-right corner become triangular?
  • Were you the person who cut off the outside/unbound bottom corner of the referenced interior pages?
  • You appear to know that scissors or a cutting blade was used on at least three of the back cover chips.  Don't you feel that non-organic (not naturally-occurring) "work" like this should be disclosed in your very first post above?
  • Are there any other "improvements" to this book that you were made aware of by the person who sold you this book or that you yourself performed? 

J2.jpg.5aaa3945e404877b9f17d71ec382390a.jpg J4.jpg.e0a89f796633d681f9dde6d8e3a6997d.jpg

Board sellers are obligated to clearly and completely disclose any non-organic "work" done to any book being sold here.

On 9/14/2024 at 7:46 PM, zzutak said:

The front cover photo you shared here upon purchase is shown below.

• How did the irregularly shaped missing piece at the top-right corner become triangular?
  • Were you the person who cut off the outside/unbound bottom corner of the referenced interior pages?
  • You appear to know that scissors or a cutting blade was used on at least three of the back cover chips.  Don't you feel that non-organic (not naturally-occurring) "work" like this should be disclosed in your very first post above?
  • Are there any other "improvements" to this book that you were made aware of by the person who sold you this book or that you yourself performed? 

J2.jpg.5aaa3945e404877b9f17d71ec382390a.jpg J4.jpg.e0a89f796633d681f9dde6d8e3a6997d.jpg

Board sellers are obligated to clearly and completely disclose any non-organic "work" done to any book being sold here.

This is just a non sense to me... there is just no world where i tought to have to specify how the corner of a book have disappeared, it's not like if had added some material to the book... its literally the contrary and it would be just considered as a supplementary deffect for 99% of the population... but I guess the comics book collector are made different. 

On 9/14/2024 at 2:00 PM, Coverdeath said:

This is just a non sense to me... there is just no world where i tought to have to specify how the corner of a book have disappeared, it's not like if had added some material to the book... its literally the contrary and it would be just considered as a supplementary deffect for 99% of the population... but I guess the comics book collector are made different. 

I would chalk this up to a lesson learned. 

Generally collectors (in any hobby) want things as original as possible.  So when you start cleaning,  cutting,  or minuplating things,  the value goes down. 

With comics,  there are things like pressing and dry cleaning that are generally acceptable. But cutting (trimming) the book to clean it up is a big no no. 

Here is the good news. Your book is still desirable. People will buy it... just disclose that its trimmed and all the places you trimmed it and discount the price accordingly. I imagine at $350 or so you'll get interest. It seems to be what restored low grade copies go for. 

Also keep in mind a lot of people won't buy a trimmed book at all. So when you have a trimmed book,  you'll limit your audience. I actually sold that Hulk 1 and decided I don't want to do any more trimmed books.