• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Friends you've made, strictly from the CGC forums
4 4

27 posts in this topic

I've made friends here on the boards since I joined up back in 2013 going to talk about two of them tonight. First is @walclark Walter, he reached out to me when I had a question about the Wizard Comic Con in Nashville. I use to collect back in the 70's and 80's and I quit in the early 90's after my first child came along I just couldn't afford it anymore and I thought the artwork and writing were awful. But one day I started looking thru my collection and I had the bug again. I hadn't been to a show in a long time and the ones I went to were small so I was sure things had changed a lot. All this CGC stuff was new to me and I wanted to know what kind of info I needed to have with me if I take a few books to get graded. He was the first guy to reach out to me telling me all about how to signup, submit and get books graded then asked what I collected and told me about different guys that would be at the show that might have what I was looking for like Dale Roberts, Jamie Graham, Greg Reece, Bob Storms and Terry Stroud. We met up at that first show and have been friends ever since. We have a running chat that has gone for 68 pages now and we get together and set up at small shows every year and have a blast. Thanks for reaching out to me Walter :foryou: he's a great guy and I'm glad I met him before Don passed away, he has no idea how making another friend that collected comics helped me to get thru all that :gossip:

Another that reached out the same year I signed up has already been mentioned @skypinkblu Sharon is awesome and super nice, I have enjoyed plenty of PM's over the years and have actually talked to her over the phone a few times about everything from family to houses lol she has always been very supportive and I have always loved her sales threads especially when she does the funny descriptions. We seem to like some of the same stuff like Supergirl as an example. I'll soon be retiring in a couple of years and the wife and I will start making trips to a lot of places we have been wanting to see and I hope to meet Sharon in person one day :foryou: and she can laugh about this old country boy's accent in person :smile:

There are a lot of guys that have bought in the sales threads of my friend Don's and his brother Jim's books that I think we have become very friendly that I would love to meet in person and just set down with and talk comics that I think would lead to us becoming good friends :shy:

Edited by Azkaban

I've probably met a dozen or so people over the years from here, mostly at local cons back in the late 2000's. I've even been roasted in person by Hotflips after the Pats lost to the Giants in the 2007-08 Super bowl lol. That was a tough one to take.

Many of the peeps I had some running PMs with have not been around in a long time. I wouldn't say I'm "friends" with anyone from here but for those who I've met, you are some good people. :foryou: