• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill's "Don't Make Me Slab" them Thread - mostly original owner high grade silver, some slabs to show I'm serious X-). Raw listings starting tonight 9/19 at 5:30 PM PST
4 4

112 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2024 at 2:39 PM, Corvonie said:

OOPS I can't believe I forgot the big guy

Uncanny X-men #3 - 8.5 - $2700

WHITE PAGES

Freshly slabbed, gorgeous example with crack-worthy interiors (See raw pics)

CGC Notes and pics here: https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4467581001/

8P1QV4b.jpeg

d7bXvg5.jpeg

nDnrmXl.jpeg

jMCI3D5.jpeg

side note: RAW PICS forever!  I can't believe how yellow the professional pics of this book are in the slab.  I totally get the purpose of slabs, but it's SO hard to get a real sense of a book in a slab, esp since grader's notes are not exhaustive.

I’m confused by the title of this thread vs the books.  The title seems to indicate you’re offering raw books you don’t want to have slabbed but the pics show slabbed books and (supposedly) the same books before they were slabbed or perhaps after they were cracked out.  For those of us with thicker brains could you clarify?

On 9/19/2024 at 3:25 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I’m confused by the title of this thread vs the books.  The title seems to indicate you’re offering raw books you don’t want to have slabbed but the pics show slabbed books and (supposedly) the same books before they were slabbed or perhaps after they were cracked out.  For those of us with thicker brains could you clarify?

Hey sorry you’re not thick.  The thread is going to be principally raw books.  I’m endeavoring to start that around 5:30 PST this evening. 

These are books from the same runs that I had slabbed so figured they’re a good place to start before the raws.   They are currently slabbed, but I try to post raw pics whenever possible as well.

I hope that makes sense!

Edited by Corvonie

Since @lizards2 is here, I got a couple of nice DCs as I procrastinate leaving for school pickup:

TEC 329 - $90

just a killer raw copy, whose only real sin is the wear BLFC.  Infantino is like “nah, I’m gonna draw all that wood grain.”  Gene Colan fainted.

0eKzDCO.jpeg

EhKHwzP.jpegU4A65AJ.jpeg
OaqIHon.jpeg

TEC 333 - 9.2 - $100

Not anxious to let this one go either, but I don’t collect these so I’m trusting there’s someone in the congregation who’ll Iove it as much as I do.  Tiny crease BRFC, otherwise as nice as they come.  Bats looks like he’s enjoying it a little too much.

PZ2BcrY.jpeg
pp60yVV.jpeg
1StBNc6.jpeg

Edited by Corvonie

On 9/19/2024 at 3:25 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Here’re a couple of exemplary books from those that’ll be listed, to give you an idea:

FF 31

X-Men 21

X-Men 39

On 9/19/2024 at 2:46 PM, Corvonie said:

Here’re a couple of exemplary books from those that’ll be listed, to give you an idea:

FF 31

X-Men 21

X-Men 39

I often see undergrades there. No comment on the grades people contributed (I lie, I clicked the X-Men 21, it looks 8.0/+ to me and people were saying sevens).

On 9/19/2024 at 4:52 PM, grebal said:

I often see undergrades there. No comment on the grades people contributed (I lie, I clicked the X-Men 21, it looks 8.0/+ to me and people were saying sevens).

Yes and sometimes they’re all over the place.  That x-men 21 for example is very nice so I’m gonna take new pics of that for the sale. But I do like that they’re generally tight on grading 

On 9/19/2024 at 8:35 PM, Corvonie said:

It's officially night here, so light isn't great on these next few (or those previous few)

Brave and The Bold #34 - 4.0 - $325 1st app silver age Hawkman

The rare "iinviisible" variant ?:baiting: GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu