• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill's "Don't Make Me Slab" them Thread - mostly original owner high grade silver, some slabs to show I'm serious X-). RECAP on Page 1 - Fantastic Four 6-39 posted
7 7

253 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2024 at 10:12 PM, Kramerica said:

FF's would be grand. I look forward to it. My holes are numberous but maybe I'll be to score a number I've been missing.

Just because this pic turned up: the book itself isn't high grade, but this is the second one I bought from this collector after my treasured #2 and when I opened it I...

U9sEAt9.jpeg

...emailed them immediately like

is-it.mp4

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna list this one tomorrow but it's a toughie.  I might have to call an audible.

I'll say this about the date stamps on these books. :x

Be back tomorrow to look at what's left.

On 9/19/2024 at 7:30 PM, Corvonie said:

Just because this pic turned up: the book itself isn't high grade, but this is the second one I bought from this collector after my treasured #2 and when I opened it I...

U9sEAt9.jpeg

...emailed them immediately like

is-it.mp4

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna list this one tomorrow but it's a toughie.  I might have to call an audible.

Winnipeg is secretly the comics honey hole of Canada. Beautiful book.

On 9/19/2024 at 8:05 PM, universal soldier said:

I'll say this about the date stamps on these books. :x

Be back tomorrow to look at what's left.

Right? One of them in this thread is May 13th - one day after my Birthday May 12. I totally collect those along with other special dates.

Two questions for the group, as I prep for today/the weekend:

1) I have a smattering of random gold books (like literally probably 3).  None are superhero books. I feel like those belong in their own thread and they’ll get lost in here, but what do you all think?

2) Would the group be interested in a run of Gold Key Magnus that range from mid to high grade?  Ditto other Gold Key?

On 9/20/2024 at 8:37 AM, Corvonie said:

1) I have a smattering of random gold books (like literally probably 3).  None are superhero books. I feel like those belong in their own thread and they’ll get lost in here, but what do you all think?

From my experience, separate, unless you want to provide a menu at the beginning, and even then, too much can be too much. Great thread, by the way. I did, *ahem* get up early for this. :bigsmile: GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/19/2024 at 10:00 PM, Corvonie said:

Ok, let's cap it off with something special

Uncanny X-men #58 - 9.0(+?) - $550
Looks and feels like it came off the rack yesterday.  I'm not sure another raw copy this nice exists. I've certainly never seen one.

Faint crease TRFC, Printer's crease across masthead

gIrw6ca.jpeg

Community grade here: https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/535333-pgm-x-men-58-printer’s-crease-and-ink-on-back-cover/

This artist is very good.

On 9/20/2024 at 1:37 PM, Corvonie said:

Two questions for the group, as I prep for today/the weekend:

2) Would the group be interested in a run of Gold Key Magnus that range from mid to high grade?  Ditto other Gold Key?

1) Edit the thread title to alert boardies that some GA is on the way.

2) There's enough GK fans here to make it worth posting them. (thumbsu