• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED - Bill's "Don't Make Me Slab" them Thread - Flash sale in effect including major keys, 1st appearances, and hard to find in grade FFs!
10 10

458 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2024 at 2:55 PM, Corvonie said:

:news:

FLASH SALE

Get 'em while they're hot!

Fantastic Four #31 - 8.5 $545 $450 SOLD

Fantastic Four #28 - 5.5 $225 $185

Brave and The Bold #34 - 4.0 - $325   $200 (don't do Hawkman like that!)

Brave and The Bold #35 - 6.0 - $140 $90

Brave and The Bold #36 - 4.0 - $45 $25

Brave and The Bold #57 - 5.0 - $200 $150

Amazing Spider-Man #34 - 6.0 - $225 $175

Iron Fist #14 - 9.2/4 - $700 $600

Xaime: Fantagraphics Studio Edition - $475 $400

Alright, alright. I'll take Brave and Bold #34 for $200, if still available. Full props to Hawkman! Thanks.

On 9/23/2024 at 5:22 PM, jimjum12 said:

Several of Marvel's inkers and artists in that period were freelancing for DC, who would terminate relationships if one was found to be freelancing for the competition. Gene Colan, for example, was "Adam Austin." GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

True Jim...thanks....Gil Kane was Scott Edward and Mike Esposito was Mickey Demeo

On 9/23/2024 at 6:33 PM, CJ Design said:

True Jim...thanks....Gil Kane was Scott Edward and Mike Esposito was Mickey Demeo

II think Romita had a fake name too ... at the time he WAS the Romance department for DC, there were others but he set the bar and was VERY prolific. His arrival coincides with ASMs focus on soap opera. I for one liked it. GOD BLESS ... 

On 9/23/2024 at 3:41 PM, jimjum12 said:

II think Romita had a fake name too ... at the time he WAS the Romance department for DC, there were others but he set the bar and was VERY prolific. His arrival coincides with ASMs focus on soap opera. I for one liked it. GOD BLESS ... 

I wasn't aware of these tidbits on these artists . Thanks for the info most interesting !

On 9/23/2024 at 6:59 PM, davidking623 said:

I wasn't aware of these tidbits on these artists . Thanks for the info most interesting !

Mort Weissinger was a big guy and there are rumors he used to fling freelancers who had angered him, off of the roof of the DC Offices :gossip: One had to tread lightly. GOD BLESS ... 

My favorite Superman artist, Wayne Boring, when asking for some work around the time Curt Swan was replacing him, was told by Weisinger, "Do I need to kick you in the stomach, so you'll realize you aren't wanted around here anymore?" Weisinger wasn't a Kirby fan either, for some reason. 

On 9/23/2024 at 7:44 PM, Corvonie said:

Hey everyone, lots of offers coming in, thank you so much.  I'm in the middle of a couple of things.  Please know I'll look at any and all offers in order and get back to you ASAP.  Really overwhelmed by the response, thanks again!

This was a GREAT thread, but that's because you took the time to curate this bad boy. GOD BLESS... 

On 9/19/2024 at 1:33 PM, Corvonie said:

Fantastic Four #13 - 4.5 - $425

Not from the aforementioned collection.  

recently upgraded thanks to @jimjum12

LS2e4Xr.jpeg

6zeKUPb.jpeg

:takeit: as per PM. :banana:

On 9/23/2024 at 7:16 PM, jimjum12 said:

Mort Weissinger was a big guy and there are rumors he used to fling freelancers who had angered him, off of the roof of the DC Offices :gossip: One had to tread lightly. GOD BLESS ... 

My favorite Superman artist, Wayne Boring, when asking for some work around the time Curt Swan was replacing him, was told by Weisinger, "Do I need to kick you in the stomach, so you'll realize you aren't wanted around here anymore?" Weisinger wasn't a Kirby fan either, for some reason. 

There are owners who just disdain talent.  It’s making me think of the excellent Reggie Jackson documentary on Prime, called Reggie