• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some books from my Treasury/Limited Edition...AKA, GIANT Comics collection! Reasonably priced and fun!
1 1

30 posts in this topic

I've been collecting these books for a while, I had some help from boarders (esp Greggy and Andrew) and bit by bit, I think I probably have most of them, DC and Marvel and Whitman. 

During the Covid lockdowns I actually took them all out and took front cover pictures (some of which I posted a while ago in the Treasury thread). They are wonderful books...however, I've been doing some crafts for charity and my yarn has been taking over quite a bit of closet space;) 

I have 3 big plastic bins of them and after going back and forth about it a zillion times ...I've decided to find new homes for 2 of the boxes.

I usually do both sides of a book, but have not this time, I only have them on pictures I took later, HOWEVER:)  if you are interested in a specific book (or books) and would like back cover pictures, just let me know and I will gladly take them and post them.

They are all bagged and boarded and have been that way since I've owned them. 

I have a group of about 45 books for this first sale. I plan to split them tonight and tomorrow night.

I have a stack of regional B priority boxes (the ones you can't get anymore) that will fit these perfectly, with room for packing, so shipping will be by priority mail (goes by cubic now, but I can use the boxes). If you prefer I ship another way, please PM me before posting :takeit:

Shipping is US only because of the size of the books and the weight. If you live in Canada but ship to the U.S., that's fine. 

I charge exact shipping, whichever way you want them mailed. 

If you spend $100, I'll take $10 off shipping, if you spend  $200, I will ship for free.

I accept checks, money orders, zelle pay and Paypal. 

Payment is due within 3 days of when I end the sale . If you need more time than that, please PM me before taking anything.

The first :takeit:determines the winner. If there is some kind of tie and it's between someone who posts in the thread and someone who posts in a pm, the person posting in the thread will will. I chose the winners of any ties.

Returns. I take returns for any reason. Returns must be made within 3 days of  your receipt of the books. Return Shipping is at the buyer's cost unless I made a serious error and the books must be shipped and packed , the same way I sent them.

Please contact me before returning anything.

Feel free to ask ANY questions before taking something.

and for @Robot Man (because I know this means a lot to him;) ;) These books come from a smoke free home.

Marvel Treasury Edition, Special Collector's Issue #1, 1974

The Spectacular Spider-Man  5.0  light creasing on the front (mostly where the glare is)  and some dirt on the back. I suspect the dirt might be cleaned off, I didn't try.

Bin is $40

treasuryspectacularspideyorangered1.thumb.jpg.ab35562c031cdfe58a0552e284d17819.jpg

Marvel Special Edition, Special Collector's Issue! 1975

There is a tape pull upper right, creasing near the lower left and some dirt that might clean off easily. 1/2 inch tear top of back cover sever creases on the bottom back including a 1" corner crease. Grade is 4.5

Bin is $22.00

spectacular spider man 1975 1 white.jpg

Buck Rogers Whitman, Giant Movie Edition Sold to ThothAmon

Multiple Spine lines, My grade is 5.5, but I wouldn't be shocked if someone else graded it a little higher. 

Bin is $7.00

image.thumb.jpeg.8894e8bc9eac8eb5b88878b69821b6ec.jpeg

Edited by skypinkblu

Giant Comics to Color Shazam Copy A maybe better...There is a corner crease lower right front and a few spine lines, on the back, lower right, that is not a tear, it's a bend.  I grade it a conservative 5.5, it might actually be a little higher.  Bin is  $18.00

20240921_200739.thumb.jpg.1ade163f77413f484692d64206eb5b8c.jpg

Amazing World of Superman, 1973, includes the poster.

This is a really neat book, if you haven't seen one, the inside is black and white with lots of different sections, including, How to draw Superman and how a comic (magazine) is created. There are photographs and Superman's Mission for President Kennedy, where he asked for Superman's help with his Physical Fitness imitative.  The story  was not completed in 1963 because of the President's death, but the family wanted it completed, so it was in 1964.

There is a small chip off the book lower left, grade is 6.0. Bin is $15.

treasuryamazingworldofsuperman.thumb.jpg.d414d737efc86db6500e6c491ff4ff9a.jpg

A Marvel Super Special! Battlestar Galactica.

This is different than the first one I posted, There is an "MP" on the left, I have no idea what the difference is, but this one says Vol 1 #8, 1978 in the indicia.

There is a price sticker on the book, Grade is 6.5 bin is $9

20240922_121643.thumb.jpg.4a3157696a000d4d31c6fd69a6486512.jpg