• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG BIG Overstreet ships this week... and a brief con report...

15 posts in this topic

Title says it all... the BIG BIG guide is on my invoice for this week. Check with your local shop to see if they have any for sale... I don't have any extras beyond those I pre-sold here.

Just got back from a comic show in Eugene. For a 45-table show there was a sickening amount of great books. Three copies of ASM 1 in the room. Plus a guy with some drool-worthy CGC material.

A few highlights from his table:

9.0 JIM 109

9.0 FF 4

8.0 FF 2

9.0 HOS 92

9.2 TOS 42

9.2 TOS 44

9.2 TOS 45

eight other TOS between 39-50 in 9.0 or better (no #49)

five DET issues between 130-150 in 8.0 or better

a dozen FF between 50-80 in 9.4 or better

I didn't buy much at the show. But I got a few nice deals... ok, maybe nice isn't the right word... According to CI, I should go back and give the guys more money... tongue.gif

NM Birds of Prey 8 for $2.00

NM- Adventure 462 for $6

VF+ 30c variant IM 85 for $12

VF+ IF 14 for $30

Magnus RF #1-9 all NM for $8 total

NM IF 2 for $4 (borderline 9.2-9.4)

NM Thanos Quest 1+2 for $5 total

...and the book that made the whole trip worthwhile:

VF/NM TOS 49 (a solid 9.0 copy) for $25

I asked the guy twice if he was sure that was the right price. He told me he picked up a whole run from 42-61 in similar shape for $200 the previous weekend and was just looking to get his cash back. He said as soon as he had sold $200 worth he was pulling the rest and holding on to them. I was the second-to-last book he was selling... Feel free not to believe the story. I was there and I don't believe it... tongue.gif

Go back RIGHT NOW and give the guy more money.

If that's the case, I want more $$ for the Conan 1 that I sold you! tongue.gif

You THIEVING [!@#%^&^]! Go back RIGHT NOW and give the guy more money. RIGHT NOW!

I'd be happy to... if I could convince him to do the same...

He told me he had sold three books at $50 each and mine was the first at $25... I don't care which fourteen TOS between 42-60 he kept... that deal was crazy...

I know no one here will believe me, but the book I was happiest about was the Birds of Prey 8... The 49 is free money, but I already have 16 copies total, including 6 in 7.5 or better. That Birds of Prey was the first time I have EVER seen the book at a show, and to find it that cheap was nice.

I'm just kicking myself because I passed on a Red Label 9.2 DD 168 at $90 that was a definite upgrade candidate...