• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED AND DEFINITLY NFS
3 3

17 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2024 at 6:14 PM, Jordysnordy said:

A few questions:

1. If anyone does this trade they will pay to ship you 400-500 books and you will pay to ship 1 book? And to Switzerland?

Just the opposite is how i read it - he'll pay shipping on the 500 to Switzerland, you'll pay on the one book from Switzerland

On 9/30/2024 at 10:57 PM, Dr. Love said:

Just the opposite is how i read it - he'll pay shipping on the 500 to Switzerland, you'll pay on the one book from Switzerland

Oops deleted but @gunsmokin and @Semicentennial know where I was coming from with regards to this sales thread due to other activities with this book. OP should really edit his listing to be more transparent with the “work” that has been done to this book.

Edited by Jordysnordy

On 10/1/2024 at 3:14 AM, Jordysnordy said:

A few questions:

What do you value you it at?

Can you give us a list of specific titles you are looking for before we go looking through our books so we don’t waste our time?

As I said it could be anything except the few series mentioned which are >> batman, Superman, Wonder woman, aquaman, Flash and Green Lantern

EVERYTHING published by DC before 2011 is gonna interest me, from A to Z, just looking for runs or almost complete runs and not some lots of 50 different titles full of missings.

The only value I can place in it is 500$, it's actually not worth it I guess but 500 dollar bin books also aren't worth 500$... its why I just said I was hoping for a quantity of 400 to 500 books against it

Don't think I'd burn it, but its  certainly worth less than the 400-600 you been talking about...The problems with your trade proposal as I see them are--

1)..the time spent to get such stuff together and get your approval before you accept another offer or close the listing...

2)..the risk of us having to eat a lot of postage on our end.....even if you will cover the cost to ship said large quantity overseas, we are risk until we have money in hand, which may very well occur after sending them....even if we get a postage quote in advance, and then the deal falls thru, we will have wasted more time....

---To me, time is money...If I wanted the jla comic, I'd rather buy it then spend a lot of time getting rid of drek for dimes or quarters that I can unload at country auctions or yard sales without doing much work....

On 10/1/2024 at 9:43 AM, Coverdeath said:

I wrote TRIMMED in big letters on the title what do you want more from me!?

a more thorough description of all the damage you've done to this book, inside and out, that's what. It's not hard, man. This is getting old.

On 10/1/2024 at 6:43 AM, Coverdeath said:

I wrote TRIMMED in big letters on the title what do you want more from me!?

Cover trimmed would have been a nice addition to your listing. If you want to disclose you did all the trimming then even better. 

Edited by Semicentennial

On 10/1/2024 at 7:05 AM, Coverdeath said:

Honestly someone advised me to burn this book few weeks ago and I'm thinking to it more and more each days.

The amount of abuse that poor book has taken since your ownership has been pretty tragic.   I get it, it's your book so do what you want with it.   Thinking about how many kids, and adults, that may have enjoyed this book, and then the number of people this book may have been passed along to over the years for it to reach where it currently reside only to get butchered is pretty sad.  

I'd say burn the book so that it doesn't continue to suffer in misery.   

On 10/1/2024 at 11:22 PM, Semicentennial said:

The amount of abuse that poor book has taken since your ownership has been pretty tragic.   I get it, it's your book so do what you want with it.   Thinking about how many kids, and adults, that may have enjoyed this book, and then the number of people this book may have been passed along to over the years for it to reach where it currently reside only to get butchered is pretty sad.  

I'd say burn the book so that it doesn't continue to suffer in misery.   

Come on, now.  First of all, you're posting back to back in a thread that was already closed.  Second, I haven't really been following the drama that closely, but my impression was he wasn't actually trying to destroy it, regardless of how you feel about the outcome, so telling him to burn it is pretty silly. My own opinion is that signatures are just as bad as trimming--there are a couple Stan Lee sigs out there I've seen on some Hulk 181s, and some really awful signatures on a TMNT #1 that, to me, are tantamount to abuse, and which pain me in the same way you seem to be pained, but, you know, different strokes, so I don't go around telling people to burn them.  (Tempting though it is.)  

Anyway, books don't "suffer in misery," but you may just need to make use of the ignore function--it has served me well.  

On 10/1/2024 at 8:50 PM, Poekaymon said:

Come on, now.  First of all, you're posting back to back in a thread that was already closed.  Second, I haven't really been following the drama that closely, but my impression was he wasn't actually trying to destroy it, regardless of how you feel about the outcome, so telling him to burn it is pretty silly. My own opinion is that signatures are just as bad as trimming--there are a couple Stan Lee sigs out there I've seen on some Hulk 181s, and some really awful signatures on a TMNT #1 that, to me, are tantamount to abuse, and which pain me in the same way you seem to be pained, but, you know, different strokes, so I don't go around telling people to burn them.  (Tempting though it is.)  

Anyway, books don't "suffer in misery," but you may just need to make use of the ignore function--it has served me well.  

Why don't you try rereading the thread.  He mentioned someone suggested burning the book and he was considering it.   Regarding the comment of "suffer in misery", did you really think I meant that literally? lol   

Edited by Semicentennial