• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Highest Census Grade
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Greetings all. I was advised that if I have the highest grade on a single book on the census, that it would have been printed on the label. Could anyone confirm or debunk this please? Also, provide a link/source/literature on topic. Thank you!!

This is incorrect.

Only the grade of the comic will be printed on the book. It would be counter intuitive to try and label a book as "highest on the census" as unless it is a 10.0 there will always be the chance of a higher grade being given after that information would have been printed.

You can input the serial number in the "verify cgc verification" on the main home page.

image.png.2a1bef08a1751165ad30bec2ea0495b3.png

Scroll to the bottom, and on the right hand side it will tell you if another book has been graded higher.

image.png.8523fb5237ffc26766f30c8134949720.png

If you click on the block it will take you directly to the census entry for the book.

image.thumb.png.bb5bbfe594e994fac1a5cc895fbe17f1.png

On 10/4/2024 at 5:35 AM, Boamit said:

I was advised that if I have the highest grade on a single book on the census, that it would have been printed on the label. Could anyone confirm or debunk this please?

Consider that claim debunked.  (thumbsu  How many more actual examples do you need to see?  (shrug)

SA03-98.thumb.jpg.c87aa5a81fcb038da3b1467a4c07ded8.jpg Venus13-90-RC.thumb.jpg.97f7a73cb63f1512f77d760105597d2b.jpg

I mean you could simply call/email cgc customer service

for the official answer

Never in the history of CGC has this ever been done

Why? Well sure right now you might have the highest grade of a book. Maybe it is a book that will never see a higher grade. But what if in 3 years someone submits a copy that beats yours? Then your label is incorrect, if they were to put such a thing on a label. 

If you have the highest graded and are trying to market as such or whatever when selling, a simple link to the census to show that there is only one will suffice for potential buyers.