• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carp Sale
2 2

59 posts in this topic

WALL OF TEXT

Shipping: Books will go priority shipping or ground advantage, depending on the circumstances and postal preferences of the buyer. And at your expense. Yes, I ship to Canadians – I love most of you Frostbacks! And, I usually ship elsewhere as well.

Payment: Checks, M.O.s & well concealed Cash are accepted. And trades are great if you've got high-grade stuff to alure the elder four-color collector.
No Poohpal, Venmo, Bitcoin, livestock, blankets, beads (especially not THOSE kind), trinkets or jewelry. Canadians and other elseworlders may pm me on payment options. Contact me via PM if you have a time payment proposal – I am lucky enough to have many sellers here allow me time payments, so glad to return the favor.

Grading: I have been in the hobby for almost 50 years..., yes, I am Social Security drawing old. I try to be conservative in grading, and have cracked about 400++ slabs, so am in tune mostly with CGCs random grading practices through the ages. I can show you 9.0s that are 9.6s and 9.6s that are 9.0s. Consistency-shartmistency. If something looks out of whack, let me know!

Caveat: I did go through the boxes to make sure I still had all these books in stock. However, it seems like every time I run a sale, there is some book I cannot find.

Return Policy: Yep!  However, please don't try to return something because you failed to read the detailed description – and please ask questions, if you have them. I would really prefer not to take returns on CGC graded stuff - I will pull the grader notes for you if you are not a subscriber! Of course, it seems most of the time they are "unavailable"..., probably for good reason.

Doing it:  You can do it in the thread, you can do it via PM, you can do it in the road.  In the case of ties, it goes to the PM. In the case of the road..., man, I am not therapy, but I think I have been there. 

Kudos Thread?  I don't have one because they are stupid, worthless and weak.  I have many credible and incredible references available upon request. Even some Canadians.

BONUS WALOF TEXT

What will be in this thread?

This is just a quick thread of what I consider some nice stuff…, and some carp – your mileage may vary. Marvel, DC and otherwise. Just a few slabs, and several deslabbed books, and some raw.

RESERVED FOR RECRAP

Amazing Spider-Man 91 8.5/9.0 white pages $85.  A few spine stresses and distributor overspray top cover with a bit of color loss @ center FC – I’ve had three copies of this book, and all were like this.  White, fresh and clean copy!  Funeral of Capt. Stacy.
asm91.jpg
asm91bc.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man Annual 1 5.0, although I did have this logged into my inventory as 5.5. OW pages $800.
This book has some light, clear moisture stains around the Electro area URF, a “50” indent in “N” of the Spider-Man title, like from an old price sticker placed on a bag, small ¼” bottom spine split, and a crease @ ULBC. This book was discussed in the PGM thread back in 2018.
:news: SOLD!!! :news: 

asman1f.jpgasman1b.jpg

Edited by lizards2

Avengers 18 9.0 - white pages $220. Dint @ ULFC/URBC. Spinner rack bend upper staple. Beautiful book.

av18.jpg

av18bc.jpg

Avengers 20 7.5? White pages $50. Appears 9.0 from FC, but mostly clear moisture stain @ top staple area BC. “7-1” arrival date in pen on FC.

av20.jpg

av20bc.jpg

av20detail.jpg

Avengers 28 9.0 OW/W pages $350. Spine tics, rounded corner @ LRFC, rub under Captain America’s shield, soft 1” fold @ ULBC and interior pages. If you’d rather have my CGC 9.2, let’s talk.  First Collector.
av28.jpg
av28bc.jpg

Avengers Annual 1 8.5 white pages $150. Rub at top staple FC, spider-creasing @ LRFC, ¼” crease @ ULFC.  $150

avannual1.jpg

avannual1bc.jpg

Daredevil 15 8.5 OW pages $100. Spine tics upper staple area, light wear to URFC/LRFC. Some moisture smears above and to right of white jersey BB player BC. A book that looks 9.0 in mylar. I replaced this book with a CGC 9.4 and the moisture smears were the deciding factor on which one to keep.  :news: SOLD!!! :news: 

DD15.jpgDD15bc.jpg

Edited by lizards2

Dr. Strange 178 9.0 ow/w pages $115. Bump w/ forward curl @ LLBC through to LRFC.  Black Knight!

DrStr178.jpg

DrStr178bc.jpg

Fantastic Four 110 4.5 ow/w pages $350.  Green Printing Error version; Cracked out CGC 4.5 white, label included. Bright and glossy; all firmly attached, staples clean. Own a piece of history!

FF110greenCGC4.5.jpg

FF110greenCGC4.5bc.jpg

FF110greenCGC4.5label.jpg

Fantastic Four 122 9.0 off white pages $70.  Silver Surfer! Teensy chip off LRFC & ULBC, slight bump to URFC/ULBC.
ff122.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bou
ff122bc.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=b

Hulk 214 9.2 ow/w pages $40 (Cracked out CGC 9.2 white, will come with label. Date stamp bottom right edge of BC.

Hulk214cgc9.2.jpg

Hulk214cgc9.2bc.jpg

Hulk214cgc9.2label.jpg

Journey into Mystery/Thor 93 CGC 8.0 ow/w pages $550.  CGC Grader Notes: light cover tanning, spine stress lines breaks color, very light staining to cover, wear all corners cover breaks color. Origin and 1st appearance of the Radioactive Man (Chen Lu). Atomic explosion panel.

JIM93cgc8.0.jpg

JIM93cgc8.0bc.jpg

Thor/Journey into Mystery 111 copy a 7.5? OW pages $70. Tiny color loss/pull in Thor’s cape, and a little larger between Hyde & open edge. Otherwise, an extremely nice copy, with bold inks! I would have called this a 9.0 without the color loss/pulls.

thor111a.jpg

thor111abc.jpg

Journey into Mystery/Thor 111 copy b 8.0+ o/w pages $120.  4” pressure dent with some creasing – arcing downwards from L to R through “Journey into Mystery”, round pressure dent in yellow arc above and to left of Thor’s head, light tanning halos on inside covers. Really nice appearing copy.

Thor111b.jpg

Thor111bbc.jpg

Kid Colt Outlaw 181 9.4 white pages $35. Cracked out CGC 9.4 W, label will be included.  Christmas eve date stamp center FC.  Only two books higher in census.

KidColt181cgc9.4.jpg

KidColt181cgc9.4bc.jpg

KidColt181cgc9.4label.jpg

Marvel Super-Heroes 1 8.0 white pages $50. Glue rumpling along spine, 1 ½” crease top edge FC. Seriously nice-appearing, ultra-glossy book!

MSH1.jpg

MSH1bc.jpg

Marvel Super-Heroes 14 copy c 8.0/8.5 white pages $85. Crease @ LRFC, light thumbnails open edge FC, light folds @ ULFC.  Published 5/68 (same as ASM issue #60) – early Spider-Man appearance in an original story – why is this squarebound still so cheap?
MSH14c.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bo
MSH14cbc.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=