• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Little Carousel of Comics
1 1

57 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four 191 9.6 (Bright & glossy; cracked out CGC 9.6 OW-W label incl, I'm good with the grade, but with cautions, this book is significantly better structurally than the 183 above, there is virtually no spine or edge wear, no spine stress, there is only v slight blunting on the crnrs bc, but barely; note: the ul crnr bc is a line of red ink, not a crse or fold; v slight bindery scuffs/tears; there is a v shallow entirely ncb vertical fold center fc, the main caution is that there is slight tanning/toning of the interior cvrs, shows a bit also bc; book has mod ink transfer bc; and PQ imo more OW) $30.00

FF-191-fc.jpg

FF-191-bc.jpg

Fantastic Four 196 9.6 (Bright & glossy; cracked out CGC 9.6 OW-W label incl, as above I'm good with grade with cautions, virtually no spine wear and no spine stress; some ncb edge bends fc and a sm ding btm edge fc in area of the table; crnrs are sharper than the 191 above; slight bindery scuffs; sm impact btm spine bc; light to mod stacking transfer fc & bc; PQ is OW-W) $30.00

FF-196-fc.jpg

FF-196-bc.jpg

On 10/12/2024 at 10:23 AM, crassus said:

Fantastic Four 196 9.6 (Bright & glossy; cracked out CGC 9.6 OW-W label incl, as above I'm good with grade with cautions, virtually no spine wear and no spine stress; some ncb edge bends fc and a sm ding btm edge fc in area of the table; crnrs are sharper than the 191 above; slight bindery scuffs; sm impact btm spine bc; light to mod stacking transfer fc & bc; PQ is OW-W) $30.00

FF-196-fc.jpg

FF-196-bc.jpg

Nice books cracked out cool !

Heart Throbs 47 6.5 (Bright & glossy; mainly a single defect book, but  a serious one, water damage with stains visible top edge bc and btm spine, showing interior pages in a pattern of strongest to faintest from back to front, see pics below; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly br edge fc; light to mod cb spine stress; staples are tight and clean, no odours, light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is OW) $35.00

HT-47-fc.jpg

HT-47-bc.jpg

HT-47-pic1.jpg

HT-47-pic2.jpg

HT-47-pic3.jpg

HT-47-pic4.jpg

Girls' Romances 49 2.5 (Bright with still some gloss & reflectivity; all attached, staples clean, no odours; 1" spine split btm; mod to heavy cb spine, edge and surface wear consistent with grade, incl sm tears and chips; mod to heavy foxing fc, bc and interior cvrs; PQ is OW) $15.00 SOLD

GR-49-fc.jpg

GR-49-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Girls' Love Stories 107 4.5 (Bright & glossy, presents well for its grade, all attached, staples clean; no odours; light to mod spine & edge wear; mod cb spine stress; cb crse ur crnr fc; crses br edge fc; d-shdw left btm edge fc; sm crnr chips bc; light to mod foxing interior cvrs; mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is CR-OW) $25.00 

(lovely art and stories in this one, incl some Colan, and below is first page of "Island of Farewell", script credited to Goldsmith with some nice work by John Rosenberger)

GLS-107-fc.jpg

GLS-107-bc.jpg

GLS-107-pic1.jpg

On 10/12/2024 at 12:23 PM, crassus said:

(Bright & glossy; cracked out CGC 9.6 OW-W label incl, as above I'm good with grade with cautions, virtually no spine wear and no spine stress; some ncb edge bends fc and a sm ding btm edge fc in area of the table; crnrs are sharper than the 191 above; slight bindery scuffs; sm impact btm spine bc; light to mod stacking transfer fc & bc; PQ is OW-W) 

You are amazing, strange sir.

Girls' Love Stories 109 4.5 (all attached, light rust/discolouration both staples but no migration stains, no odours; presents better but partial cb reader's crse center spine through & to the left of mean girl's hair; mod spine & edge wear, mainly btm edge fc; mod cb spine stress; cb crse br crnr fc; mod to heavy foxing, mainly interior cvrs & 1st & last pages; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is CR-OW) $25.00

GLS-109-fc.jpg

GLS-109-bc.jpg

On 10/12/2024 at 11:58 AM, grebal said:

You are amazing, strange sir.

I totally concur reading his grades of books a phenomenon all to it's own merit , totally a story within a story with a sprinkle of wow ! I am still surprised by no purchases which is a shame because every time I think about one it somehow is gone ,it truly is amazing , LOL

Love Diary 36 6.0 (Bright & glossy; not sure if long reader's crse or weird stacking fold along spine fc, hammering it out of caution, otherwise presents as better; note: "1 B" top edge fc; light to mod spine & edge wear; mod cb spine stress; mainly ncb bend ur crnr fc but leaving a faint cb crse ul crnr bc; 1/4" tear left btm edge fc; vertical cb crse top spine bc; light to mod tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is OW and) Claimed

LoveDiary-36-fc.jpg

LoveDiary-36-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

On 10/12/2024 at 11:51 AM, crassus said:

Girls' Romances 49 2.5 (Bright with still some gloss & reflectivity; all attached, staples clean, no odours; 1" spine split btm; mod to heavy cb spine, edge and surface wear consistent with grade, incl sm tears and chips; mod to heavy foxing fc, bc and interior cvrs; PQ is OW) $15.00 

GR-49-fc.jpg

GR-49-bc.jpg

:takeit:

On 10/12/2024 at 12:13 PM, crassus said:

Love Diary 36 6.0 (Bright & glossy; not sure if long reader's crse or weird stacking fold along spine fc, hammering it out of caution, otherwise presents as better; note: "1 B" top edge fc; light to mod spine & edge wear; mod cb spine stress; mainly ncb bend ur crnr fc but leaving a faint cb crse ul crnr bc; 1/4" tear left btm edge fc; vertical cb crse top spine bc; light to mod tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is OW and) FREE with Next Purchase

LoveDiary-36-fc.jpg

LoveDiary-36-bc.jpg

:takeit:with great luck as I really liked this book !

On 10/12/2024 at 3:15 PM, davidking623 said:

:takeit:with great luck as I really liked this book !

Many thanks, the GR 49 and the Love Diary freebie are yours, I really appreciate it, stories are often great in these books also, a little old fashioned obviously, but pretty girls and good reads are fun too 

Ok that will be it for today, I plan to post more tomorrow, the bulk of the titles will be Hulk and WW, but there will be odds and ends that I hope will be of interest. Many thanks to everyone for taking a look and my special gratitude to everyone who made purchases :)

On 10/12/2024 at 1:23 PM, crassus said:

FF-196-fc.jpg

FF-196-bc.jpg

^^^Crassus’ grading notes for a 9.6, a near perfect grade 
CGC grading notes for a 9.6: “no grading notes available”

On 10/12/2024 at 12:23 PM, I’m Rick Jones person_without_enough_empathy said:

^^^Crassus’ grading notes for a 9.6, a near perfect grade 
CGC grading notes for a 9.6: “no grading notes available”

Especially with cautions OMG amazing !