• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your 2006 comic resolutions?

79 posts in this topic

What are your comics resolutions for the New Year?

Mine are to:

1) continue to locate/buy ASM and other want-list comics needed for my collection;

2) sort through my boxes to weed out unwanteds and make more space in my storage room;

3) finally organize my first CGC submission--probably Conan #1 NM, ASM #42 NM, X-Men Giant Size #1 F+, etc.

4) unload boxes of unwanted comics (follow-on to #2 above) by selling them, donating them, etc.; and

5) re-frame my awesome Spider-Man print signed by Stan Lee (I want it in a environmentally secure frame--UV glass, etc.).

V/R,

Mike

SELL MORE!!!!!!

Russ, Can I sell your books for my income? flowerred.gif

You really wouldn't want to do that. For the last 2 years almost all profit from sales of books have been used to buy more books or increase our advertising budget. We are just now starting to turn the corner. This is the first year in 2 years that I have had any decent amount of money to spend for the holidays.

Believe me, I made WAY more money when I was working for someone else.

1) sell more, buy less?

2) Continue to work on lining up A list talent for Signature Series signings

3) GET ORGANIZED!!! Don't remember 1/2 of what I have until I come across it.

4) Focus on completing my X-Men run, sometimes I think deep down I don't want to as the chase would be over 27_laughing.gif

5) move more small items (incomplete sets, HOT issues) and re-invest in larger items (Bowen statues, key books)

6) Try to remember it is a hobby, not my life...

7) give more comic books to kids (teaching makes it easy, just need to set more aside for them)

My New Years buying resolutions are as follows:

1. First and foremost, no more raw buying off of Ebay unless it is a seller I know and trust, which I can count on one hand. Tired of getting the VF- everytime I am supposed to be getting a NM 9.4. I have told myself this before, but this time I really mean it and will follow through.

2. Put together and narrow down the list of books I want to send to CGC as I haven't ever sent any in myself. This goes hand in hand with relying more on certified books when I purchase books that are not in front of me to see.

3. Seriously start culling out books I don't care about. Get them all together and start selling them on Ebay, take the money and save towards a copy of Showcase 60 in NM.

Did I mention no more raw buying off of Ebay? tongue.gif

Take less chances on Ebay, less chances with Dealers buying books sight unseen.

That's definitely one of my resolutions, although I doubt I'll stick to it - once a gambler...

Other resolution: find a great, in depth HG GA/Atom Age/Silver collection and purchase the damn thing outright. Hey, one can fantasize...

Knock at least 5 books off the Sgt Fury list in my sig.

Wrap up upgrading my ASM 150+ in NM/NM+ and do a good bit of damage upgrading my 100-150 to NM-/NM too.

Add any raw Marvel pedigree 8.5 and up I can fit in my budget. =)

That's definitely one of my resolutions, although I doubt I'll stick to it - once a gambler...

Other resolution: find a great, in depth HG GA/Atom Age/Silver collection and purchase the damn thing outright. Hey, one can fantasize...

I say this all the time, but NO MORE STUPID CHANCES sumo.gif

After I received my last "NM", waited 5 weeks for it, it looks like the book was used for a door stopper foreheadslap.gif

After I received my last "NM", waited 5 weeks for it, it looks like the book was used for a door stopper foreheadslap.gif

Man, I've got even worse stories than that...and each time I swear that's the end. Admittedly it doesn't happen that often any more, tho'.

Man, I've got even worse stories than that...and each time I swear that's the end. Admittedly it doesn't happen that often any more, tho'.

Then you grade them as NM- and put them on your site? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes!!! yeahok.gif

Actually I'm not even talking about high grade purchases - the last two stinkers involved an alleged "solid VG/FN" that was a FR/GD (and after thirty emails, much rudeness from the seller, and three months of hounding and waiting I finally got my money back), and the other looked like a FN but was a PR due to half an art page ripped out. Not worth sending back that one, but what a waste...

Doesn't have to be high grade for misrepresentation and consequent crappe service to occur... sumo.gif

Yes!!! yeahok.gif

Actually I'm not even talking about high grade purchases - the last two stinkers involved an alleged "solid VG/FN" that was a FR/GD (and after thirty emails, much rudeness from the seller, and three months of hounding and waiting I finally got my money back), and the other looked like a FN but was a PR due to half an art page ripped out. Not worth sending back that one, but what a waste...

Doesn't have to be high grade for misrepresentation and consequent crappe service to occur... sumo.gif

So, if I sell you some books, I can screw u around for a couple of months? 893whatthe.gif